Tennessee/Ga/Missouri: Who blinks first on D?

VolArmy74

Right now each school has not given up an offensive touchdown in 12 consecutive quarters dating back to the bowl games from last year, which I believe is tied for the current longest streak in the country.

This week Georgia plays a Kentucky team that has no offense to speak of, they only completed 6 passes for 44 yards against South Carolina last week and had less than 200 total yards.

Missouri plays a Boston College team ranked 24th that scored decently on Florida State and scored 56 on an FCS team last week.

Tennessee is playing one of, if not the worst teams in the FBS division in Kent State but by nature of that type of game, you're up 56-0 with the 4th string in, Kent State could fall into points. (Wildly, they gave the 2022 UGA championship team one of their toughest games, it was 29-16 in the late 3rd quarter.) CFN has them 134th of 134 teams in their power ranking.

There's a chance that none of the three teams give up a TD this week. However for now it looks like Missouri probably has the best chance at allowing at TD.

If all three avoid giving up a td on defense this week, we of course get Oklahoma, who didn't exactly light up the scoreboard vs Houston.

Missouri gets Vandy, who is playing their best football in years, but I expect they'll sink like a lead balloon once SEC play starts.

Georgia gets an off week, then Alabama, a very decent chance they give up points in that one.

Hope not, but Tennessee might blink first on account of throwing in 2nd, and 3rd string players earlier in the game.
To give back-ups reps and experience, to avoid needless injures, and showing mercy to the hapless. Probably doesn't matter because, well, you know, WGWTFA.

This is true. Very well coached ball club. Plus, Mizzou dont have their defensive coord from last year. I think he went to LSU if im not mistaken.
Mizzou has not given up a TD since the Arkansas game last season. Even with a new DC their death row defense rolls on.

They have played 2 middle schools since the new DC started. I wouldnt put alot of stock into it until they play someone alittle better, like this weekend!
You are correct as they and the Vols will both have played a similar schedule in a 1aa team, a MAC team and an ACC team. A college in Boston may be a better team than the state university in North Carolina in the ACC this season.

You are correct as they and the Vols will both have played a similar schedule in a 1aa team, a MAC team and an ACC team. A college in Boston may be a better team than the state university in North Carolina in the ACC this season.
Correct, to be honest, Oklahoma may get lucky and score 1 TD against us. They look pretty inept on offense aswell, having the Oline issues, not having a run game, WRs are hurt, and losing their OC has hurt them pretty bad it seems. But its only game 2 so time will tell. Tennessee's defense may not have any issues up until the Bama game from what i have seen so far. Which bodes very well for us. I really hope they get a tested from a Mobile QB in Arkansas before we see Jalen Milroe.

Correct, to be honest, Oklahoma may get lucky and score 1 TD against us. They look pretty inept on offense aswell, having the Oline issues, not having a run game, WRs are hurt, and losing their OC has hurt them pretty bad it seems. But its only game 2 so time will tell. Tennessee's defense may not have any issues up until the Bama game from what i have seen so far. Which bodes very well for us. I really hope they get a tested from a Mobile QB in Arkansas before we see Jalen Milroe.

Let’s pump the brakes a little bit there. Norman will be a hornets nest when we go in there. They’ll be ready to play.

We both will play the smelly pigs and their QB will be a snootfull. Their OC Bobby Patrino is very good and a challenge to game plan against.

I think Boston College puts a touchdown on the board at Missouri, and Kentucky could possibly sneak one in on Georgia. Looks like rain possible for the game Saturday so anything can happen, but Kent State would have to catch Tennessee asleep to put one on the board.

I hope bc beats mizzou like a borrowed mule. But I’ll make a wild guess here and say uga gives up the first td
Georgia hasn't goose egged UK since the early 80s but UK's O is in need of a huge dose of Bluechew to see the end zone against Georgia.

It would be nice to see the Tigers stumble. Tigers probably give up the 1st TD just because they're the early game.

Reactions: Swiftybaby
We both will play the smelly pigs and their QB will be a snootfull. Their OC Bobby Patrino is very good and a challenge to game plan against.
I wasn’t very impressed with Arkansas. They pissed that game away. Offense didn’t look like anything special either

Reactions: walkenvol
I wasn’t very impressed with Arkansas. They pissed that game away. Offense didn’t look like anything special either
Yes they did and that has been an issue for Sam Pittman and may end up costing him his job. The Hogs qb ran through OSU like rice through a goose on many occasions to give them the early lead.

Hope not, but Tennessee might blink first on account of throwing in 2nd, and 3rd string players earlier in the game.
To give back-ups reps and experience, to avoid needless injures, and showing mercy to the hapless. Probably doesn't matter because, well, you know, WGWTFA.
Kent State is ranked as the worst team in football.

VN Store

Back