Florida-Tennessee Game

Mike_Fundy

Hi,

I just turned 40 (hence the account name), and wanted to cross something off my sports bucket list: attend a high profile college football game (as a UConn fan, I don't have many opportunities for htis). My friends and I landed on Florida-Tennessee since it checks all the boxes - quality team, rivalry, stadium experience, and tailgate reputation. On that last point, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or recommendations on joining a tailgate. We're planning on bringing some beer and whiskey, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking a look.

Mike Fundy

Honestly man, when the game gets a bit closer post a reminder and check out the tailgating guide someone has already posted

Chances are you will be invited to more tailgates than you could ever attend.

Sad to say this, but I hope you and your buddies don't get to witness a true UF/UT rivalry game this year. I hope you see a complete bloodletting by a Volunteer team on a group of helpless Gators.

I'm sorry for your and your friends, but I said what I said. I'm sure you can understand lol.

Hi,

I just turned 40 (hence the account name), and wanted to cross something off my sports bucket list: attend a high profile college football game (as a UConn fan, I don't have many opportunities for htis). My friends and I landed on Florida-Tennessee since it checks all the boxes - quality team, rivalry, stadium experience, and tailgate reputation. On that last point, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or recommendations on joining a tailgate. We're planning on bringing some beer and whiskey, but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking a look.

Mike Fundy

Just cruise the tailgating areas and tell people you're from out of town. You wont even need to bring your own beer and whiskey. or buy lunch. People will love to have you in their group.

It could be wild, but Lagway don't have no help. The one game heroes who zapped us in the past were surrounded by blue chip talent. Lagway is on a depleted team. I expect a drubbing like we gave them in the rain 30 years ago.
Meh. Plenty of times TN was more talented.

It could be wild, but Lagway don't have no help. The one game heroes who zapped us in the past were surrounded by blue chip talent. Lagway is on a depleted team. I expect a drubbing like we gave them in the rain 30 years ago.
This is a myth that they don't have talent right now. They have been poorly coached and that is something that can make it seem like they are untalented (something we are familiar with from the Dooley-Butch-Pruitt years). They are currently 12th on the team talent composite for 2024, we are 17th.

We should win because Heupel > Napier many times over, unless the strange voodoo that has hovered over the series for years rears it's head. They are not untalented though, they have more 4 and 5 star players than we do.

Last edited:
He’s talented. He’s also a true freshman. And Tennessee’s defensive line will make life very difficult for him.

It’s FL. They could trot the entire NC State team out that we played last week and put them in damn Gator uniforms and it would come down to a last minute field goal.

Never ever expect anything but a weird as game.

Hi,

Mike Fundy

I will be 59 on Friday of that week so I am pulling for a Tennessee win and some basketball and football commitments as birthday presents.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Loudest game I've ever attended personally was 16 FL game when we broke that dreaded streak. The comeback in the second half was absolutely something special to experience in person. My best friend was sitting next to me and we were yelling back and forth to communicate and still couldn't hear each other.

Hi,

Mike Fundy
Regardless of how bad Florida was supposed to be, here’s a quick history of our experience with them.
1726315952310.gif

It doesn't matter how bad the gators suck, they always play 5X better when they face the Vols. I stopped automatically expecting a win here no matter how good TN has looked. Florida has eaten our lunch and stolen our girlfriend over and over and over and over. And over again!!!

Find a bunch of Tennessee fans tailgating. Tell em you’ve got some beer/whiskey and would like to join. I guarantee 99% of them will tell you to come on over and feed you. Have a great time!

It doesn't matter how bad the gators suck, they always play 5X better when they face the Vols. I stopped automatically expecting a win here no matter how good TN has looked. Florida has eaten our lunch and stolen our girlfriend over and over and over and over. And over again!!!

Yep. I’m still cautiously optimistic about this game. It’s like it’s a mental block for our team each year. In reality we should crush them this year, but I can’t recall a time in recent memory where we’ve blown them out.

Maybe in 1990 but I was just a young kid then and I wasn’t really watching Tennessee football at the time.

VN Store

Back