Milroe is becoming a problem.

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
I know this is UT football forums but.. this is very relevant to us because we play Bama every year including this one. Jalen Milroe is silently becoming a big problem. I do not think anyone has any question about his legs and ability as a runner. But has anyone been paying attention to his game logs? Last year he pretty much averaged accounting for 3 TD's a game 2 passing 1 rushing. this year so far its 3 and 2. he does not pass for a lot of TD's but his completion percentage is over 65% last year and this year and his TD per attempt is insane.

My question to the room is.. are we sleeping on Bama and more so Milroe so far this season? right now every 9 times he throws the ball in the air its a TD. Every 6 times he runs the ball its a TD. This dude is bringing 35 points to every game he shows up to on his own. UT's defense irrespective of coaching staff or personnel has always had fits with running QB's with arms. Is it just me?

I know this is UT football forums but.. this is very relevant to us because we play Bama every year including this one. Jalen Milroe is silently becoming a big problem. I do not think anyone has any question about his legs and ability as a runner. But has anyone been paying attention to his game logs? Last year he pretty much averaged accounting for 3 TD's a game 2 passing 1 rushing. this year so far its 3 and 2. he does not pass for a lot of TD's but his completion percentage is over 65% last year and this year and his TD per attempt is insane.

My question to the room is.. are we sleeping on Bama and more so Milroe so far this season? right now every 9 times he throws the ball in the air its a TD. Every 6 times he runs the ball its a TD. This dude is bringing 35 points to every game he shows up to on his own. UT's defense irrespective of coaching staff or personnel has always had fits with running QB's with arms. Is it just me?
We are not sleeping, nor is Josh or our boys. But we have a long journey ahead. It’s fun to keep an eye on but the teams may change a lot between now and when we meet. If we keep growing and they keep growing this will be a battle royal that could go either way. I don’t think we can hope for anything more than that. Two top flight teams in a battle to the end to see who might win.

He has a reputation for being dangerous on the deep ball but not too accurate on short throws. I haven’t paid any attention this year though.

Don’t overlook the Kent State hot flashes.

He has a reputation for being dangerous on the deep ball but not too accurate on short throws. I haven’t paid any attention this year though.
Been that way so far this year too. The freshman WR Ryan Williams is a real weapon. He’ll go down as one of their all time greats at the position

Reactions: 66volfan

What? He’s just like last year ,
Where you been?

Sawft.

Ask the goal posts in the Tennessee River if we are sleeping on Alabama.
WGWTA

Go VOLS

Ryan Williams, their 17-year-old WR, is the player I would worry about the most. I saw him play a few games in high school. He can make almost any quarterback look like an All American. The silver lining is their defense has been suspect so far. Next week’s game against UGA will be very interesting

You know CJH isn't sleeping on Alabama or anyone, and no fan that has a clue is underestimating them. Maybe the air of invincibility dropped a bit with Saban gone, but DeBoer has won big everywhere he's coached and they still have a roster full of 4 and 5-stars - they're still Bama.

The fact that Milroe is improved is the least surprising thing of all. Kid has immense raw talent, and if there's one thing DeBoer is known for, it's being a 'QB Whisperer'. I think Bama has some questions marks, but I would expect Milroe and that offense to get better and better as the season progresses.

Only the arrogant posters here that are cocky after beating 3 nobodies are sleeping on bama. I’m not a stats guru but I would imagine they are ranked 1-2 as far as talent goes possibly only behind Georgia. Some thought they would fall off the face of the earth with Saban gone. Dont bet on it.

Only the arrogant posters here that are cocky after beating 3 nobodies are sleeping on bama. I’m not a stats guru but I would imagine they are ranked 1-2 as far as talent goes possibly only behind Georgia. Some thought they would fall off the face of the earth with Saban gone. Dont bet on it.

Don’t recall anybody being cocky over our wins.

It’s just silly to be scared every time we play a good team.

They just need our starting QB to go out like Wisconsin’s did to have a chance.

SEC speed killed Wisconsin today. UW O-line was looking decent in 1st quarter but their D couldn't handle Bama's speed. UT has the speed and the strength on the D-line to play with Bama.

I hear that but don't always see that. SEC teams have gone on the road a lot and lost those type of games. A really good Les Miles LSU team lost up at Wisconsin. What Alabama did was impressive.

VN Store

Back