"Going to do unspeakable things to Oklahoma"

Game is going to start out tight. Will be loud. The fan base will be their 12th player. Initially, they'll make our offense look a little disjointed.

But our defense will lock them down tight. So a low-scoring game in the first few possessions.

Then something will pop free on the Vols' offense. We'll score a quick TD. Our D will hold them to a short drive, maybe even a three-and-out. And we'll pop another quick score.

That will take the Oklahoma fan base right out of it. Things will get much quieter. And our offense will consequently start clicking.

After that, it will start to get lopsided.

That's how I think it's gonna play out.

Go Vols!

Rat Poison! To think we're going into Norman and beat up the Sooners in their house, in their first SEC conference game ever! In front of a full, loud stadium with Gameday there. Hope we win big but don't be delusional thinking this will be an easy task. They have great talent and although they haven't put everything together yet, we MUST assume they can. Go Big Orange!!

It’s all talk until the final seconds read 00:00. Anything can happen. They have great players too. I like how we have looked thus far a lot better than OUs showing. We just need to go what we have been doing. Play smart, play clean, stay physical and take what they give us. GO Big Orange!
Aint that the truth!

Rat Poison! To think we're going into Norman and beat up the Sooners in their house, in their first SEC conference game ever! In front of a full, loud stadium with Gameday there. Hope we win big but don't be delusional thinking this will be an easy task. They have great talent and although they haven't put everything together yet, we MUST assume they can. Go Big Orange!!
This ⬆️

Everyone needs to slow down a little bit. That place is going to be rolling . We need to go out there and win the first 15 mins. If we come out and get stops early and take care of the ball we should be fine. The worst thing we can do is give them confidence late in the game because they have talent and the home field. This is still OU and they are a very proud program.

Do you know how many times I've said there's no way some other team would come into Neyland in front of a full loud house with GameDay there and beat us up and then they did EXACTLY THAT and embarrassed us on national TV 😂😂😂 we can ABSOLUTELY do this to them and it would be glorious for Heupel to make his triumphant return to Norman as a conquering invader. GB🍊!

It’s all talk until the final seconds read 00:00. Anything can happen. They have great players too. I like how we have looked thus far a lot better than OUs showing. We just need to go what we have been doing. Play smart, play clean, stay physical and take what they give us. GO Big Orange!
Yup. 30 points or 1 point, i don’t care. Just get that W and get out of Dodge

UT did a lot of falling when there was no pride in sight. So I'll be having a double portion of pride this entire season! GB🍊!

True but everyone got cocky about 2022 and we saw how that turned out with Georgia and then South Carolina.

I think this team is a lot better than the 2022 team but we can't just write-off Oklahoma. They are still a tough team and a proud program. We are playing in their place in the first ever SEC game, they will be juiced.

I loved this quote from an article that considers Oklahoma to be ranked too high.

Next week's signature game will be a homecoming of sorts for former Oklahoma star quarterback Josh Heupel. His Tennessee Volunteers are going to do unspeakable things to Oklahoma in this game.

If you want to beat Chattanooga and Kent State like a rented mule have at it.
However, be careful about embarrassing a team that one day will return the favor.😉

Loved this part,
”The Vols have a tremendous pass rush, and Oklahoma cannot even block a phone number.”

UT pass rush has been a little disappointing to me to this point. I really like what
I see in Pili with the blitz pkg, though. Thought there would be more from
Pearce and Josephs, though.

True but everyone got cocky about 2022 and we saw how that turned out with Georgia and then South Carolina.

I think this team is a lot better than the 2022 team but we can't just write-off Oklahoma. They are still a tough team and a proud program. We are playing in their place in the first ever SEC game, they will be juiced.
I do not think anyone is writing them off. I've ALWAYS said that SEC road games are the toughest thing in all of sports. However I've seen enough of this team to have more than a feeling that we are 💯 capable of delivering a good hard @ss beating to Oklahoma to show those arrogant pricks what it's like living in the SEC. It may not happen but I fully believe this team has more than a fair chance of putting 45+ points on the board and putting the world on notice that we are not over hyped. We have not seen the best of Nico yet, we've seen a whole bunch of run game but I'm confident Heupel has a plan to open a big ole can of whoopass on OK.

I do not think anyone is writing them off. I've ALWAYS said that SEC road games are the toughest thing in all of sports. However I've seen enough of this team to have more than a feeling that we are 💯 capable of delivering a good hard @ss beating to Oklahoma to show those arrogant pricks what it's like living in the SEC. It may not happen but I fully believe this team has more than a fair chance of putting 45+ points on the board and putting the world on notice that we are not over hyped. We have not seen the best of Nico yet, we've seen a whole bunch of run game but I'm confident Heupel has a plan to open a big ole can of whoopass on OK.

Agreed. I guess it is some BVS or something but I just don't like all the bragging by the Vols fans. I remember the Fulmer years. I remember and was even at school (02-05) when I first notice things were not that right anymore. Sure we went 2-2 against Alabama and Florida but we had some disappointing seasons in 2002 and 2005. I posted this in another thread that sums it up well:

I guess it is pride.

Our series record is

22-28 vs Georgia

21-32 vs Florida

38-60 vs Alabama

When I first became a Tennessee fan, we were within 10 games of tying Alabama and had winning records against Florida and Georgia. We were considered a better program than both Florida and Georgia. The last 20 years has been rough. No SEC Championships, going 0-3 against those teams and most years getting manhandled, being the laughing stock of the nation. It is hard for me to go brag online to people with what we went through.

I would love to see us chip out 5-10 years of beating them like they beat us in blowouts and tying these series back up before I start bragging.

EDIT: In fact, we have 0 hope of even catching Alabama. We would have to go 20 straight years of beating them and win 10 or more National Titles to just get to their level.

If I was an Alabama fan, I would just point out the series record and Titles every time a TN fan talks trash.

VN Store

Back