Josh Heupel Week 4 Press Conference

Last edited:
Reactions: hjeagle1vol
First real test for both teams. Who wants it more? Who needs it more? Who is more determined to take it? I think it is personal for Heupel, much more so than Venables. I think Heupel will want to make a statement, then will ease off the gas a bit. I really don't see OU scoring a whole lot.

Reactions: WillisWG
Dang, I was thinking the opposite. I was a bit surprised at how much time he spent talking about guys on that side that were at his wedding and how much he respected them.
The man has class. He's got nothing to gain by starting something for the national media to report.

He does have long-term friends there and some less than friends there and I think everyone knows that. There's more to life than football with some of those folks and he's upfront about it.

In the end, coaching is a career and a profession and not the "I hate the other guy with all my heart and soul" that fans tend to display. He's a professional, not some screaming obscenities, flipping off players, mustard throwing fan.

Reactions: utchs81
The man has class. He's got nothing to gain by starting something for the national media to report.

He does have long-term friends there and some less than friends there and I think everyone knows that. There's more to life than football with some of those folks and he's upfront about it.

In the end, coaching is a career and a profession and not the "I hate the other guy with all my heart and soul" that fans tend to display. He's a professional, not some screaming obscenities, flipping off players, mustard throwing fan.
I'm taking this as an anti-Kiffin post.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I'm taking this as an anti-Kiffin post.
Even Kiffin is a professional who likely has close personal friends among SEC coaches.

It's a small pool of people who do what they do. Coaching at the high levels is much like Senators or Supreme Court Justices.

Recall that the late Justice Scalia and the late Justice Ginsburg were bitter rivals professionally but vacationed together as friends.

Dang! OU is 143-13 at home during the last 25 years, per the Oklahoma FB Notes attachment.
That's not so great of an accomplishment when you consider that there is usually only 1 ranked opponent in your conference each year and you only play them at home every other year.

Even Kiffin is a professional who likely has close personal friends among SEC coaches.

It's a small pool of people who do what they do. Coaching at the high levels is much like Senators or Supreme Court Justices.

Recall that the late Justice Scalia and the late Justice Ginsburg were bitter rivals professionally but vacationed together as friends.
That’s crazy talk!
Do you really expect me to believe there are actual, living human beings, who like Kiffin?!
I’m calling BS on that!

I would guess that Kiffen’s love of smartarsed twitter posts about rival teams likely makes it difficult to maintain a large friend circle in the SEC.

VN Store

Back