OK Coach Bob Stoops does the unimaginable…

ZoeVol

Championship Time Again
The 18-year Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops began game week by releasing a statement saying that he wasn’t doing interviews ahead of Saturday’s game.

“Having a strong history with Brent Venables and Josh Huepel as players/coaches has led to far too many requests or interviews,” Stoops wrote. “I have a great respect for both coaches. I’m forever grateful for their work at OU; Brent as a coach here for 13 years including our national championship in 2000.

Josh as our 2000 national championship QB & coach for 10 years. I’ve often said he is the MVP of all my recruits because he is the catalyst that got us started in ’99.”

Stoops spelled Heupel’s name wrong in his statement. A former boss should be able to spell his name correctl!

After getting wrongly fired from Ok as OC ten years ago, and then this, how motivated would you be to kick ass?

Last edited:
I can see his perspective. He’d be fine with interviews if they wanted to talk X‘s and O’s about the two teams playing this Saturday. But you know every interview is going to try to get his to talk about firing Heupel and ask him to rethink his decision in light of Heupel’s success…lets talk football - how the OL vs DL battles look…receivers vs DBs…

I can see his perspective. He’d be fine with interviews if they wanted to talk X‘s and O’s about the two teams playing this Saturday. But you know every interview is going to try to get his to talk about firing Heupel and ask him to rethink his decision in light of Heupel’s success…lets talk football - how the OL vs DL battles look…receivers vs DBs…
But when you get paid the big bucks to make controversial decisions like this, you really don’t get to hide from them later (or at least you shouldn’t)

I think the main issue is one that he spelled the last name of the National Championship Winning QB and 10-year OKU coach and assistant incorrectly. It diffuses the good feeling the praise he was heaping on just a bit.
Think maybe you’re over blowing the spelling a bit? Davis Sanders still committed to us. Doubt Stoops personally sits at a computer and writes his own press releases anyway.

Think maybe you’re over blowing the spelling a bit? Davis Sanders still committed to us. Doubt Stoops personally sits at a computer and writes his own press releases anyway.
Wasn't my article, isn't my thread, wasn't anything to me. I was pointing out what was "controversial" about Stoop's post. Maybe read the post you are criticizing. The "slight" was even talked about on Josh and Swain today and Swain was less than complimentary about a head coach not remembering how to spell the name of the Heisman runner up QB that lead them to a NC. Making it worse was Heupel was a member of his staff for 11 years. Don't forget, Heupel was fired as OC so Stoops didn't have to fire his brother as DC. Offense was averaging 30 points per game, defense was one of the worst in college football.

Stoops does not want to make waves this week.

The main thing he don’t want to answer is how he thinks the game will turn out. He knows what’s coming!

Mose Definitely!

I see this as just another thing for overly sensitive UT fans to moan about.

If I were Stoops I wouldn’t want to be baited into the story either.
He did him a favor with the firing. If he had stayed there he might not be making 10 million a year. Things work out like they work out. The story is OU's first SEC game.

VN Store

Back