Oklahoma Prospects

Danny Okoye will be there

Never stop cruitin
Okoye aint leavin'. Our roster is full of guys who want to be there, hence reason our Dline is crammed full of SS's, and upper classmen.

Create perfect campus atmosphere of family, give kids room to feel like adults, happy coaches, and they wont want to leave. Okoye had his chance. He chose easy route.

Okoye aint leavin'. Our roster is full of guys who want to be there, hence reason our Dline is crammed full of SS's, and upper classmen.

Create perfect campus atmosphere of family, give kids room to feel like adults, happy coaches, and they wont want to leave. Okoye had his chance. He chose easy route.
The primary area of need in the portal will be DT anyway. We're pretty well stocked everywhere else in 2025. Maybe an Offensive Guard, but even there, I think we're set with Sham, Ginther, Perry, Utu, etc.

We won't be hunting for an Edge, IMO.

My comment was mostly joking bc he’s a player not a recruit, just fyi.

Also, I like you as a poster, but your comment is stupid. You have absolutely no idea what Danny’s situation or thought process is. Also, we don’t turn transfers away because they didn’t commit to us in the first place. In fact, that’s probably the primary reason you maintain those relationships after they’ve committed. If Venables falls on his face this year and doesn’t improve next, then plenty of current players will look around. And if we still like Danny as a RS Soph and he chooses to leave then of course we’d be interested if the two parties various interests all are in line.

My comment was mostly joking bc he’s a player not a recruit, just fyi.

Also, I like you as a poster, but your comment is stupid. You have absolutely no idea what Danny’s situation or thought process is. Also, we don’t turn transfers away because they didn’t commit to us in the first place. In fact, that’s probably the primary reason you maintain those relationships after they’ve committed. If Venables falls on his face this year and doesn’t improve next, then plenty of current players will look around. And if we still like Danny as a RS Soph and he chooses to leave then of course we’d be interested if the two parties various interests all are in line.
While I maintain my admittedly unreasonable point, you are right. Certainly dont want to burn any bridges.

This is why I post on a free message board, and Josh Heupel is the HBC.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
The primary area of need in the portal will be DT anyway. We're pretty well stocked everywhere else in 2025. Maybe an Offensive Guard, but even there, I think we're set with Sham, Ginther, Perry, Utu, etc.

We won't be hunting for an Edge, IMO.
Can never have too many edges. Just sayin.

I could see us taking an OL and Safety in addition to DT.

Can never have too many edges. Just sayin.

I could see us taking an OL and Safety in addition to DT.
You can have too many Edges in the sense that none are going to transfer here from somewhere else to sit behind or compete with Josephs, Herring, Ross, Loftin, etc. Guys who transfer do so to start. Or at least have a decent chance to start. Then there’s the consideration that bringing one in may cause another to transfer out. That Edge position is crowded.

Agree on OL and Safety. Although I think Jakobe Thomas could be a star as a senior.

You can have too many Edges in the sense that none are going to transfer here from somewhere else to sit behind or compete with Josephs, Herring, Ross, Loftin, etc. Guys who transfer do so to start. Or at least have a decent chance to start. Then there’s the consideration that bringing one in may cause another to transfer out. That Edge position is crowded.

Agree on OL and Safety. Although I think Jakobe Thomas could be a star as a senior.
Agree to disagree then. It’s the most versatile position on defense. And so far this year we’ve played 3-4 deep there. I think if you want to get on the field and aren’t a starter, edge is the spot to be and hope you bring something to the table the other edge guys don’t so you situationally have your role.

I think jakobe should be our starter right now.

Agree to disagree then. It’s the most versatile position on defense. And so far this year we’ve played 3-4 deep there. I think if you want to get on the field and aren’t a starter, edge is the spot to be and hope you bring something to the table the other edge guys don’t so you situationally have your role.

I think jakobe should be our starter right now.
Agree with the last line.

Reactions: vol_in_ga

VN Store

Back