Impact of losing Keenan Pili last season

knox73

We all knew how much Cooper Mays was missed in the offensive line last season while injured but on defense losing Pili may have been similar. This man hits as hard as any linebacker I have seen for some time. I mean he redefines punishment for any ball carrier or receiver approaching the line of scrimmage or anywhere near his sphere of influence. Anyway I needed to post this observation and let’s see what happens in his first SEC ballgame vs the Sooners.

Hate to see any player go down to an injury but I think having him on this team and giving those other young players a chance to mature may really help this team get to the next level. I think this team has a much higher floor and ceiling bc of Pili.

We all knew how much Cooper Mays was missed in the offensive line last season while injured but on defense losing Pili may have been similar. This man hits as hard as any linebacker I have seen for some time. I mean he redefines punishment for any ball carrier or receiver approaching the line of scrimmage or anywhere near his sphere of influence. Anyway I needed to post this observation and let’s see what happens in his first SEC ballgame vs the Sooners.
Another reason no one saw us coming on D this year. Everyone on our DL, but LB play w/ Pili and his leadership was way under the radar... The pre-season SEC and post-season all SEC teams will look very different, and have alot more orange than expected.

Probably would have been a 10 or 11 win team with him. It was a huge loss from an overwhelming amount of experience standpoint and understanding offenses and lining people up on defense.

Reactions: Midas
Probably would have been a 10 or 11 win team with him. It was a huge loss from an overwhelming amount of experience standpoint and understanding offenses and lining people up on defense.
Those big runs/short passes to rbs that went for big gains we allowed to Florida and Missouri probably don’t happen with him out there.

Pili is a game changer on defense

Reactions: FBtime
Those big runs/short passes to rbs that went for big gains we allowed to Florida and Missouri probably don’t happen with him out there.

Got that right. MLB is the most important guy on D. Calls the signals, gets everyone in position, and is Usually the first man to contact the runner. Remember the difference Banks made (even considering his craziness). That mizzy RB would have gotten smashed by Pili

Reactions: Midas

VN Store

Back