Listening to OU radio all day while driving

Hulavol

Spent 8.5 hours in the car driving from New Orleans to South Carolina today - listened to sports animal and the OU station out of Norman all day - those folks are very concerned that UT is going to smack them around …. Radio host on one show made several comments that this was the biggest game and weekend there since the year 2000 when Stoops (and Heupel) beatdown Texas Tech, that he can’t remember a bigger game in 25 years. Other sentiment was they mostly feel they will need to score 30 to win….
And that this will be very difficult to do…

Spent 8.5 hours in the car driving from New Orleans to South Carolina today - listened to sports animal and the OU station out of Norman all day - those folks are very concerned that UT is going to smack them around …. Radio host on one show made several comments that this was the biggest game and weekend there since the year 2000 when Stoops (and Heupel) beatdown Texas Tech, that he can’t remember a bigger game in 25 years. Other sentiment was they mostly feel they will need to score 30 to win….
It's going to be a tough, tight game early. It's a pressure stage for us. There may be some early nerves, but we'll pop a big play defensively, or maybe offensively, to loosen us up to dominate

I believe the magic number for OU to have a shot is 38. They need to get to 38 and pray they can keep us under 38.

Why is it such a big game for them? They obviously aren't competing for a Championship this season. I'd argue it's a bigger game for us than it is them.

Just quoting what the radio hosts were saying ….first game in SEC with a top opponent coming in - and Gameday in town - very big deal. Apparently Gameday hasn’t been there in a long time, and they rarely get top ten opponents in town (they play Texas in Dallas, and the rest of the big 12 schedule is less than).
They mentioned other rare exceptions- Penn state came there, Nebraska about ten years was a big deal for some reason…

Just quoting what the radio hosts were saying ….first game in SEC with a top opponent coming in - and Gameday in town - very big deal. Apparently Gameday hasn’t been there in a long time, and they rarely get top ten opponents in town (they play Texas in Dallas, and the rest of the big 12 schedule is less than).
They mentioned other rare exceptions- Penn state came there, Nebraska about ten years was a big deal for some reason…

Eons ago, when Oklahoma and Nebraska ruled the Big 8, that game almost always played a role in the national picture.

And Nebraska had some competitive teams early in the Big XII.

But that hasn’t been a marquee game since the 70s to maybe 80s.

It’s a big game for them because their remaining schedule is absolutely brutal, probably the hardest in the country. If they lose Saturday it could start them into a downward spiral where 7-5 might be the best case scenario
Wow their schedule is insane them and florida

I’m not really concerned about our defense’s ability to contain their offense. I would be shocked if they score 24 or more. I think it will come down to our run game and to what extent their defense and rowdy environment disrupts Nico and/or forces turnovers.

Eons ago, when Oklahoma and Nebraska ruled the Big 8, that game almost always played a role in the national picture.

And Nebraska had some competitive teams early in the Big XII.

But that hasn’t been a marquee game since the 70s to maybe 80s.

I remember those days well. Osborne v. Switzer and a whole lotta triple option. Those teams were just incredible.
Bozworth and “these three Oklahoma football stars are now seen wearing orange prison jumpsuits”

You made it from New Orleans to South Carolina in 8 1/2 hours?
Yep. I make that drive a lot - I usually make it down there in right at 8 hours flat. Coming back I get slowed down by ATL traffic- going down there I roll through ATL at approx 6 am. Coming back it’s usually 3pm and a whole different deal.

We’ve schedule you far in advance but you were down. Ohio State beat us good here in 2015 but we drilled them in Columbus under Meyer and heavily favored. FSU & Miami were down when they visited. ND was here about 12 years ago when they went to the CFP and beat us and we beat them there the next year. Penn State has not been here. So ND & Ohio State were bigger games but we weren’t a dog vs ND but were Ohio State. But it’s the most points we’ve been an underdog at home since 1998.

We’ve schedule you far in advance but you were down. Ohio State beat us good here in 2015 but we drilled them in Columbus under Meyer and heavily favored. FSU & Miami were down when they visited. ND was here about 12 years ago when they went to the CFP and beat us and we beat them there the next year. Penn State has not been here. So ND & Ohio State were bigger games but we weren’t a dog vs ND but were Ohio State. But it’s the most points we’ve been an underdog at home since 1998.

This is informative- I was thinking I knew y’all had played more marquee games … and yes I remember the ND game being a huge deal. It always is when they show up- we had them at Neyland a coupla’ times under Fulmer- and I especially remember y’all kicking OSU’s butt in Columbus- that was great -

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is informative- I was thinking I knew y’all had played more marquee games … and yes I remember the ND game being a huge deal. It always is when they show up- we had them at Neyland a coupla’ times under Fulmer- and I especially remember y’all kicking OSU’s butt in Columbus- that was great -
Baker Mayfield pissed off Kirk Herbstreit calling the game when he planted our flag on the fiddy at Ohio stadium 🤪. We had LSU scheduled but got cancelled because we joined the SEC.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back