Too good not to share!

Vol version of the "Sooner Schooner"...

GXn5rfAXoAEl3sK

I'm Your Huckleberry. Well now Bobby Stoops. Looks like somebody just walked over your grave.
FYI. I learned this recently and realized I had been quoting it wrong all this time.

A huckle bearer is a person who carries a casket, and the term "huckle" refers to the handle on a casket. In the movie Tombstone, Doc Holliday says "I'll be your huckle bearer" as a death threat to Ringo. The phrase is often misquoted as "I'm your huckleberry"

FYI. I learned this recently and realized I had been quoting it wrong all this time.

A huckle bearer is a person who carries a casket, and the term "huckle" refers to the handle on a casket. In the movie Tombstone, Doc Holliday says "I'll be your huckle bearer" as a death threat to Ringo. The phrase is often misquoted as "I'm your huckleberry"
That's very interesting. I Googled this to learn more about a huckle bearer and found this. Not sure which is true but either will work.

1726616121146.png

Reactions: TennCan

A huckle bearer is a person who carries a casket, and the term "huckle" refers to the handle on a casket. In the movie Tombstone, Doc Holliday says "I'll be your huckle bearer" as a death threat to Ringo. The phrase is often misquoted as "I'm your

Val Kilmer confirmed in his autobiography, I'm Your Huckleberry : A Memoir that the line he said in the movie is "I'm your huckleberry".

Kilmer wrote, “I do not say, ‘I’m your huckle bearer.’ I say, ‘I’m your huckleberry,’ connotating, ‘I’m your man. You’ve met your match.’”

VN Store

Back