Glad we don't need a new football coach

I never wanted Gruden here, despite all the ballyhoo during our dark times. I think because I considered him a fake who took over a ready to go, Tampa team or something, and got lucky. Lucky that one time, the crash dived thereafter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scot Harvath
Reactions: McDad
Having a cheerleader wife and a Super Bowl Ring does not necessarily make an excellent college head coach.

That wasn’t the question. The question was why has there been love for a Gruden at UT.

Add his QB show on ESPN to the list along with the NFL success and the local in-laws and also being a GA on Johnny’s staff establishing the connection.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I never wanted Gruden here, despite all the ballyhoo during our dark times. I think because I considered him a fake who took over a ready to go, Tampa team or something, and got lucky. Lucky that one time, the crash dived thereafter.
Yes but those Grumors threads were freaking epic. I never had so much fun on these forums then when we all came on those threads and just laughed in our misery.

Reactions: McDad
if we were looking for a coach I would be there would be some Vol fans who still believe Gruden would come here 😂😂😂😂. I for one am glad Gruden never came here.

I know Florida will try to go after Kiffin, but with the playoff schedule and early signing and transfer portal period now, would a coach from a playoff team leave before their season is over? I don't see that happening

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back