OU has been preparing for UT since the preseason

BreatheUT

I see that pretty girl swag.

'The smallest things have the biggest consequences': OU uses early mistakes as learning opportunities ahead of Tennessee​

In the early days of preseason, Oklahoma could be seen preparing for a game that was weeks away.

There on the practice field, at a time when other college football programs were figuring out what type of teams they could be, OU was strategizing to see what type of teams it could beat.

Even in the early months of summer, OU understood that Tennessee could pose a problem during its first season in the SEC, but those struggles would not be due to Oklahoma’s lack of preparation.

'The smallest things have the biggest consequences': OU uses early mistakes as learning opportunities ahead of Tennessee​

In the early days of preseason, Oklahoma could be seen preparing for a game that was weeks away.

There on the practice field, at a time when other college football programs were figuring out what type of teams they could be, OU was strategizing to see what type of teams it could beat.

Even in the early months of summer, OU understood that Tennessee could pose a problem during its first season in the SEC, but those struggles would not be due to Oklahoma’s lack of preparation.

OH GOODIE GOODIE. It's one of THESE articles. I remember reading these all the time when we'd get to Florida week, especially back in the 1990s. We were always "playing with one eye on Florida" back then. Yessir.

I will be extremely disappointed if we don’t beat Oklahoma. For the first time in yrs, I expect a Vol victory. In fact, we should cover the spread as we are more talented.

The Vols win if we win the turnover battle, limit the penalties, rush for over 150 yards, and NO stupid personal foul penalties.

Do that and I will leave Sooner land a Happy Vol!

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
As Iron Mike Tyson said, 'everybody's got a strategy until they get smacked in the face'. After that, all the planning and programming goes straight to hell. In the end, the better players (team) will win.

I will be extremely disappointed if we don’t beat Oklahoma. For the first time in yrs, I expect a Vol victory. In fact, we should cover the spread as we are more talented.

The Vols win if we win the turnover battle, limit the penalties, rush for over 150 yards, and NO stupid personal foul penalties.

Do that and I will leave Sooner land a Happy Vol!
I’ve learned to prepare well and expect nothing.

Makes stuff turn out pretty good.

VN Store

Back