Bulletin Board Material Isn’t Real

Frosty

I’m gonna bite and come out and say it.

I don’t think bulletin board material exists and it certainly doesn’t matter beyond the first drive or so. I don’t want people sleeping on us, the teams we play certainly don’t. It’s about damn time our players played with swagger and confidence again. Boo Carter has the mentality we NEED. It is belt to ass time this weekend and everyone knows it.

We aren’t Colorado. This team can talk **** and back it up. It’s not bulletin board material, it’s just a forewarning of what’s coming.

Disagree! It’s been proven for a 100 years you don’t let your mouth overload your ass!

Until they play the game all it comes down to is speculation. There’s a 1000 podcast going on and all they want is clicks. Their opinion means absolutely nothing! Don’t matter if it’s football, bar fight, or the Orme Karaoke championship there’s going to always be that “what the f*** moment. Just the way it is!

I don’t think it’s the bulletin board material that’s the issue. It’s if the team loses focus or gets lazy. Agree the emotional aspect doesn’t last long for most players.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I don’t think it’s the bulletin board material that’s the issue. It’s if the team loses focus or gets lazy. Agree the emotional aspect doesn’t last long for most players.
Need a designed run for Nico early… before his first pass attempt. Choke up the butterflies and get down to business.

Reactions: cardvolfan

I don’t think bulletin board material exists and it certainly doesn’t matter beyond the first drive or so. I don’t want people sleeping on us, the teams we play certainly don’t. It’s about damn time our players played with swagger and confidence again. Boo Carter has the mentality we NEED. It is belt to ass time this weekend and everyone knows it.

We aren’t Colorado. This team can talk **** and back it up. It’s not bulletin board material, it’s just a forewarning of what’s coming.
“Ducks don’t pull trucks” says otherwise

Not necessarily related to bulletin board material…but one of the greatest things to me about the 22 season was we were once again getting every team’s best shot. I had forgotten what it felt like.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, go watch the post-game video from Tennessee-Florida 2001 and tell me bulletin board material isn't real.

You know, the one where ESPN Gameday laughed at the idea of #4 Tennessee beating #2 Florida in the Swamp? The betting lines had pegged Florida as 18 point favorites, and Gameday acted like it. All of them laughed and picked Florida. I remember Herbstreit. "This will not be a close game." Corso put on that Gator head. They thought it was a done deal.

Yeah, that one. Go watch Fulmer get up on the bench in the locker room, look at all the players, and yell "TO HELL WITH LEE CORSO!"

Even better, watch the game. At the end, they had a sideline shot of the Vols as time was winding down, and they were all yelling at the camera. I sort of remember it. "ALL Y'ALL PEOPLE DOUBTING US, BABY!" "ESPN!" "GAMEDAY!" And then they cut away, quickly.

Pretty sure ESPN gave the Vols some prime bulletin board material that morning.

Last edited:
The Vols watched Gameday together at the team hotel that morning and proceeded to destroy the conference room they were in. They played like men possessed all night. I have never before nor since seen a UT team play with such fire and anger and emotion for sixty minutes straight. Every single play. They were out for blood all night long.

You are wrong about that. It may or may not matter this week, but it does matter at times.

VN Store

Back