*****Freak’s Night Before the Oklahoma game admittedly off topic thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Who’s going to the game? Tailgating plans? For those watching at home, what are your plans? Going out? Watching with friends and family? Food menu?

Anyone catching a high school game tonight?

Any other games on the docket this weekend that you’re looking forward to?

It’s an off topic thread, so let us know whatever is on your mind.

Shirley and I are having Garfield garbage, lasagna. Actually, Shirley makes it well, friends are nuts for it. For whatever reason, I can eat it, but never fancied it.
Maybe, the Idlewild Flora and Fauna Rose will console me until tomorrow when I serve Texas raised Addax leg roast. Warning for those with a hankering to buy this meat - $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and then some.

I had a molar extracted yesterday, so I’m living on Percocet, applesauce and mashed potatoes while shuffling between the couch and bed. I’m willing myself to feel better tomorrow, because there’s no time for this tooth crap on game day!
Recovering from oral surgery, I feel ya.

We have 3 birthdays from 9/13 - 9/19 and Sat. will be the joint celebration.
2:30 - post TN game victory celebration.
Corn hole and bocce ball outside
GA Tech @ 3:30
Tailgate snacks
Variety of beers
7:00 - Pizza delivery.
7:30 - main event.
Did I mention a variety of beers?

Chilling at home tonight with my beautiful bride. Heading to SML (W91) airport in the morning for some fun airplane games. Spot landings, flour bomb drops, etc. Then our town is doing Rocky Mount fest. Closing off downtown, 5 stages, 20 bands and tons of bars and vendors. Watching the game at our brewery. Go Vols!!!!!

Wife is hanging with her friends tonight, so I'm left to my own vices...likely tune in Illinois Nebraska game with something out of the air fryer.

Working on plank flooring in the bedroom tomorrow, but the wife is putting chili in the crockpot and she has already said quitting time is 6pm on the floor. Going to enjoy it with some of these new Cranberry Apple Simply Spiked mixed drinks. I'm a fan of their lemonade stuff, so these should be good and go well with chili.

Reactions: Hacksaw
We have 3 birthdays from 9/13 - 9/19 and Sat. will be the joint celebration.
2:30 - post TN game victory celebration.
Corn hole and bocce ball outside
GA Tech @ 3:30
Tailgate snacks
Variety of beers
7:00 - Pizza delivery.
7:30 - main event.
Did I mention a variety of beers?
Welcome to the birthday club...my Dad, older brother, myself, and the wife are all September kids as well as 2 aunts and another close friend.

People tell me September was a busy month...ummmm, no. January was thr busy month !!! HAHAHHAAA

Just made it to our hotel in Norman. The guys at the counter said everyone today has been in orange, and we saw a lot of orange on I-40. We saw tags from Virginia, Georgia, North Carolina, all wearing orange. I’m hoping for a good turnout.
The Big Orange Caravan (traveling Vols fans) are legion. Represent well. Be your best and GBO!

Have my second block test of medical school on Monday, so I'll be watching the game at home and mixing in some anatomy/biochem during commercials. We're having a classic gameday dinner of homemade burgers and beer! Hope the beer doesn't become a higher priority than the flashcards but we both know that'll probably happen. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back