Oklahoma just lost

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
Coach Venables yielded to the pressure. He's getting mic'd up and about to appear on ESPN College GameDay.

Which means he's not focused on his team or getting ready for the game.

This is one of the reasons ESPN CGD host teams are 0-3 this year. Too much interference. Finebaum pointed it out when South Carolina hosted Gameday and Beamer went on air.

A smart coach would keep them at arm's distance. Send the AD instead.

Go Vols!

p.s. Okay, truth in advertising, we had the Sooners beat even before Venables made this misstep. But now it'll be even more one-sided.

Here’s my favorite stat:

Venables is 3-2 vs ranked opponents.

What year is this for Venables? OU has played 5 ranked teams during his time in Norman? They play that many by November this season .
Forget ranked, they have 5 teams on their schedule that are top 10 right now. They may end the season as the best 8-4 or 7-5 team in the country.

Coach Venables yielded to the pressure. He's getting mic'd up and about to appear on ESPN College GameDay.

This is one of the reasons ESPN CGD host teams are 0-3 this year. Too much interference. Finebaum pointed it out when South Carolina hosted Gameday and Beamer went on air.

Go Vols!

p.s. Okay, truth in advertising, we had the Sooners beat even before Venables made this misstep. But now it'll be even more one-sided.
I feel like the coaches who have GameDay at their campus, participate in an interview - mostly on set.

Go Vols!

RATPOISON

Here’s my favorite stat:

Venables is 3-2 vs ranked opponents.

What year is this for Venables? OU has played 5 ranked teams during his time in Norman? They play that many by November this season .
He's coached 29 games. So 5 ranked opponents in nearly 30 games. Must be nice, but they are in for a ride awakening.

Go Vols!

I was going to watch the game. But now that you've ruined it by telling me the outcome, I'll work on my needlepoint instead.

Thanks a lot, JP!

I turned it over there to watch a little bit since Tennessee is one of the main topics. Observations:
1) They must send people out into the crowd to find the most nerdy, non-athletic person to do their skill contest. I used to get so mad when they would have the football toss and then allow people to toss it like a basketball instead of throwing like it’s meant to be thrown. That dude who was kicking for $100k had about as much business out there as I do in an operating room performing spinal surgery
2) Saban seemed to be annoyed when having to break down the segments on UT’s offense. It was great 👍
3) McAfee is an obnoxious, over-caffeinated blowhard who doesn’t bring much of substance to that show. He’s perfect for that network
4) Corso needs some of whatever go-fast they gave Biden for the SOTU speech. I don’t know who’s to blame- him for staying or them for dragging him back out there

Conclusion: I loathe ESPN as much now as I did before watching a part of Gameday for the first (and likely the only) time this season.

Go Big Orange!!!

Go Vols!

Great points. I see that as a trend more important than our road game record.

I turned it over there to watch a little bit since Tennessee is one of the main topics. Observations:
1) They must send people out into the crowd to find the most nerdy, non-athletic person to do their skill contest. I used to get so mad when they would have the football toss and then allow people to toss it like a basketball instead of throwing like it’s meant to be thrown. That dude who was kicking for $100k had about as much business out there as I do in an operating room performing spinal surgery
2) Saban seemed to be annoyed when having to break down the segments on UT’s offense. It was great 👍
3) McAfee is an obnoxious, over-caffeinated blowhard who doesn’t bring much of substance to that show. He’s perfect for that network
4) Corso needs some of whatever go-fast they gave Biden for the SOTU speech. I don’t know who’s to blame- him for staying or them for dragging him back out there

Conclusion: I loathe ESPN as much now as I did before watching a part of Gameday for the first (and likely the only) time this season.

Go Big Orange!!!
Would much prefer SEC nation in Knoxville.

VN Store

Back