Trailer Park Frenzy Anyone?

Tman44

God Father of Soul
As we all look forward to the game tonight, keep in mind we will be entertained by an old friend of the Vols. Chris "Tennessee trailer park frenzy" Fowler will be on the call alongside Kirk Herbstreit. Kirk seems a lot more complementary toward the Vols since he made the move to Nashville (probably a wise self-preservation tactic).

For those of you too young to remember, Peyton Manning was a lock to win the Heisman trophy. Chris Fowler took it upon himself to trash Peyton any chance he could while using his ESPN soap box as Charles Woodson's personal PR machine. Dip Shi#'s work paid off and Woodson got the trophy. Tennessee fans went nuts PRE-SOCIAL MEDIA! He referred to our fanbase as being in a "trailer park frenzy" in regards to Peyton being hosed.

F Chris Fowler. Go Vols!!!!

As we all look forward to the game tonight, keep in mind we will be entertained by an old friend of the Vols. Chris "Tennessee trailer park frenzy" Fowler will be on the call alongside Kirk Herbstreit. Kirk seems a lot more complementary toward the Vols since he made the move to Nashville (probably a wise self-preservation tactic).

For those of you too young to remember, Peyton Manning was a lock to win the Heisman trophy. Chris Fowler took it upon himself to trash Peyton any chance he could while using his ESPN soap box as Charles Woodson's personal PR machine. Dip Shi#'s work paid off and Woodson got the trophy. Tennessee fans went nuts PRE-SOCIAL MEDIA! He referred to our fanbase as being in a "trailer park frenzy" in regards to Peyton being hosed.

he greatly assisted by Keith Jackson and Bob Greise on their game of the week call for at least the last 4-5 weeks of season. Biggest steal since Hornung and Johnny

4dyi65.gif

The trailer park frenzy comment was pathetic, but Fowler didn't "trash" Manning

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Times have changed and ESPN is heavily invested in SEC football now. No more classless trailer park jokes. Not sure if he ever apologized for that crap but now we are on ESPN’s nice list. A win tonight will keep us in their media hype spotlight too.

Unless he has moved back in the last three years, no-no he does not.

Sounds like he never moved out of Tennessee. From the article you linked:
What the family also is going to make work is two home bases, four sons' schedules and Herbstreit's very busy career. ... For now, the Herbstreits will keep their house outside of Nashville, but also will rent a Cincinnati residence. He and his wife, Allison, will make frequent trips to Ohio State in Columbus....

The HS-aged son was a freshman in 2021. So this is his senior year. I'd guess they'll spend less and less time in their rental property in Cincinnati after the HS kid graduates in the spring, though I think the Herbstreits do also have one son in college at Ohio State and another at Clemson.

Bottom line is, I think the Herbstreits still mostly live in Franklin.

Go Vols!

he greatly assisted by Keith Jackson and Bob Greise on their game of the week call for at least the last 4-5 weeks of season. Biggest steal since Hornung and Johnny
Keith Jackson ruined forever my opinion of him that year. I always enjoyed his announcements of the game, but when he became a shill for the Big 10, he lost all credibility. Who knew he was a canary in the coal mine for what journalism would become.

It was the North east and rust belt sports writers who cost Peyton his well deserved Heisman . They are always biased toward all things above Kentucky. It's why you get the Yankees/Red Sox/Philly worship 24/7 on ESPN. Woodson should have been embarrassed to accept that award knowing he was not the most qualified

I remember the Orange Bowl "keep your stupid trophy" t-shirts. Of course we got slaughtered in that game.

Sounds like he never moved out of Tennessee. From the article you linked:

The HS-aged son was a freshman in 2021. So this is his senior year. I'd guess they'll spend less and less time in their rental property in Cincinnati after the HS kid graduates in the spring, though I think the Herbstreits do also have one son in college at Ohio State and another at Clemson.

Bottom line is, I think the Herbstreits still mostly live in Franklin.

Go Vols!
He also talked specifically about traveling to-from his home in Nashville earlier this year while calling a Thursday night NFL game.

You might try watching the game with the volume down. They pipe in too much stadium background noise( for me anyway) you can't hear the announcers anyway

and this is why if you remotely respect or enjoyed Keith Jackson, then F you and turn in your VFL card. I hope Jackson is in hell shoveling Satan's s**t by bare hand

and this is why if you remotely respect or enjoyed Keith Jackson, then F you and turn in your VFL card. I hope Jackson is in hell shoveling Satan's s**t by bare hand
When ABC was the sole source for CFB, KJ was very fair but when other networks got involved late in his career, he became a shill

Yes-yes he does.

When ABC was the sole source for CFB, KJ was very fair but when other networks got involved late in his career, he became a shill
and Hilter too was a great person growing up giving the German people hope after WWI when no one else did. So KJ gets a hall pass cause he was nice early? I dont think so, Skippy

VN Store

Back