Next up: Arkansas

CincinnatiVols

So obviously we have a week off to regroup, but next up is at Arkansas. I know their QB Taylon Green has been solid but unfamiliar with what their defense looks like.

I assume Tennessee will shut down the between the tackles run game so our defense needs to stay sharp on the quick passes and QB run.

Is their defense closer to NC State or Oklahoma? If we get by this the only other true road games are Georgia and Vandy.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
This bye is coming perfectly. If the game was this week then arky is coming off a big win against Auburn full of confidence and we are coming off an emotional win on the road. Arky has to play a tough Texas A&M defense next week at a neutral site and we get another week to get our offensive tackles healthy.

We haven’t won in razorback country in two decades and a win here really makes it almost impossible for us not to be in the playoffs.

I’d be more nervous about this game if it was this Saturday but we get an extra week to heal and prepare. That QB they have looked legit in their first game anyway. Not sure how he’s looked since. This kind of feels like a potential trap game but I like how tough our team is.

Reactions: Power T-1000
I’d be more nervous about this game if it was this Saturday but we get an extra week to heal and prepare. That QB they have looked legit in their first game anyway. Not sure how he’s looked since. This kind of feels like a potential trap game but I like how tough our team is.
Against UAB and the Barn, his completion rate was ugly <45% but rushed for nice yardage both games but we take those runs away from him.

Reactions: cherokeeeVOL
This one might be tougher than people suspect. I saw a poll here on which game UT would list first and Arkansas wasn’t even listed. But never underestimate a Petrino offense imo. I’m glad they have two week to heal the oline before the game in case it turns into a shootout

So obviously we have a week off to regroup, but next up is at Arkansas. I know their QB Taylon Green has been solid but unfamiliar with what their defense looks like.

I assume Tennessee will shut down the between the tackles run game so our defense needs to stay sharp on the quick passes and QB run.

Is their defense closer to NC State or Oklahoma? If we get by this the only other true road games are Georgia and Vandy.
All I know is they have an awesome long and short snapper...my nephew 😁👍

Arkansas plays Texas A&M next week in Dallas. It seems like they always find a way to lose that game, but kinda hope they win it. I'd like another win vs a top 25 team.
Yeah, maybe a quadruple OT win would be nice.

Arky will be playing in their 6th straight game which will be challenging for them especially from an injury standpoint.

Their Offense is both dangerous and self-destructing in nature. Their defense has been solid but not really tested, nor will it be prior to the our game with them.

VN Store

Back