2nd Best thing about big win at OU

Hydro556

Honestly the best thing to me, is I'm hoping it'll reel in a bunch of the fanbase's expectations.

After 3 easy wins, I swear half the fans were talking smack about rolling the whole conference by 50.

Now we know how we look when matched against peer/near peer level talent.

Its a battle when talent levels are near equal.

Last edited:
Honestly the best thing to me, is I'm hoping it'll reel in a bunch of the fanbase's expectations.

After 3 easy wins, I swear half the fans were talking smack about rolling the whole conference by 50.

No. We still don’t know.

Heupel dialed it back.

You think that was the BEST thing about that win??

Heupel played ultra conservative because the OU offense couldn't do a thing against our defense. We still haven't seen anything like the 2022 Bama game where we were guns blazing. That's coming though, no doubt!
He went conservative because both of our starting tackles were out and Nico was getting bull rushed and strip sacked.

Last edited:
It was a great game against a team with one of the best defenses in CFB. Tennessee was never behind and only gave up touchdowns in a clear "bend but don't break" defense. Oklahoma has an elite defense. Elite! Nico threw for just under 200 yards, while Sampson and Bishop wore them down all night with their ground game. Our beloved Vols have an elite defense as well. Tennessee dominated the Sooners, and that was undoubtedly their best effort. Tennessee is going to score a lot of points and will be tough to score on. I came away feeling better about the offense and the team beating the hell out of so people after last night.

Reactions: Kas232323

No. We still don’t know.

Heupel dialed it back.
It was the right call too. OU’s best chance to win was forcing TOs against our injured offense. OU’s offense made it a tad bit interesting scoring on a couple of possessions but ultimately Heupel trusted his defense to get the job done.

Reel in expectations….. I swear some of you are scared of your own shadows. How bout don’t worry about other fans and their opinions?
Sorry, I can't do that.

I hate our opponents who do look at social media, seeing for a week how bad they're going to get smoked.

It was a great game against a team with one of the best defenses in CFB. Tennessee was never behind and only gave up touchdowns in a clear "bend but don't break" defense. Oklahoma has an elite defense. Elite! Nico threw for just under 200 yards, while Sampson and Bishop wore them down all night with their ground game. Our beloved Vols have an elite defense as well. Tennessee dominated the Sooners, and that was undoubtedly their best effort. Tennessee is going to score a lot of points and will be tough to score on. I came away feeling better about the offense and the team beating the hell out of so people after last night.
This 💯 percent true.....

Reactions: Ratvol
You think that was the BEST thing about that win??
My reaction exactly. I thought the best thing is that we went on the road and got a conference win against a good opponent and we are now 4-0, with all of our most ambitious goals still attainable.

But that's just me being silly.

Reactions: McDad
Heupel played ultra conservative because the OU offense couldn't do a thing against our defense. We still haven't seen anything like the 2022 Bama game where we were guns blazing. That's coming though, no doubt!
I don't know that we will get to 2022 level of offense. The key to getting anyhting close to it rides on Heard and Campbell both staying healthy and the OL getting better overall. They have been the weakest link of the team so far. We aren't beating UGA or Bama either one with the way they have played to this point. They have plenty of time to get better though.

Reactions: VOLfrombama

VN Store

Back