Injuries Oline

Are O-line injuries minor? Will they be back for Arkansas? How about Boo?
Don't know if the rumors are true regarding Heard, but if they are and his draft stock/NIL is his priority, I question how much we'll actually get from that guy? With Campbell, I'm just happy with any rep we actually get from him. During the course of a season, you're rarely "100%". Always some nagging injury or three. With those two, it's seemingly a game by game crap shoot. Might need to plan to use the backup tackles and support them with two TE's more often....way more often.

Think our biggest risk to higher level success is OL depth. D will keep us in games but a second tier OL doesn’t give us time to go vertical or be as dominant running the ball as we want to be.

Don't know if the rumors are true regarding Heard, but if they are and his draft stock/NIL is his priority, I question how much we'll actually get from that guy? With Campbell, I'm just happy with any rep we actually get from him. During the course of a season, you're rarely "100%". Always some nagging injury or three. With those two, it's seemingly a game by game crap shoot. Might need to plan to use the backup tackles and support them with two TE's more often....way more often.
Heard isn't draft eligible until next year.

I was under the assumption he just had a lower ankle sprain. Was it a high sprain or something else?

I was under the assumption he just had a lower ankle sprain. Was it a high sprain or something else?
No idea what the truth is. Really doesn't matter to me though. I see both our tackles as being game time decisions so I'd have to think Heupel won't go forward without a plan that doesn't include one or both our starters. Some kids can't or won't play with pain. Some kids are injury prone. Some kids are iron men that you can use ink when writing them in as starters. I'm not knocking either one. I'm just saying that it's foolish to hang our hats on them. Every team has weak links on the OL. Coaches have to scheme around those players all the time. Heupel will, too. Won't be ideal and we might see several more games like the OU game where the play calling and game planning aren't the fast paced show we've grown to love. Might be some throw back football coming our way. Depend on the running game and defense. I'm down with that.

Reactions: snappervol
You don't know or don't want to say?

can't say with certainty so won't say but suspicious.
I can only speak to RUMOR flying around over the weekend is that his agent doesn't want him playing unless he's 100%.
I dismissed it as just that, RUMOR, but then have found it was some of the same with his time at LSU as well.

That said, it's all RUMOR and I really don't see Heupel and Company bringing him in if that was the case at LSU.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

VN Store

Back