Defense dominates big win at Oklahoma

JohnWardForever

Something else happened. Tennessee was penalized eight times for 82 yards. Some were really painful. It is not good to lead the league in violations, even if some are soft or make-believe. Exactly Mr. West, IOW. Okie got the calls....

Tennessee’s hard-earned 25-15 victory, on the road, loud night crowd, validates the Vols’ national standing, up to No. 5 in the AP poll. This team is 4-0 with an open date as a blessing. The outlook is onward and upward. Indeed, it can make the playoffs. It is permissible to dream big dreams. There is no ceiling. westwords Great article as usual! Read it Yall!

Something else happened. Tennessee was penalized eight times for 82 yards. Some were really painful. It is not good to lead the league in violations, even if some are soft or make-believe. Exactly Mr. West, IOW. Okie got the calls....

Tennessee’s hard-earned 25-15 victory, on the road, loud night crowd, validates the Vols’ national standing, up to No. 5 in the AP poll. This team is 4-0 with an open date as a blessing. The outlook is onward and upward. Indeed, it can make the playoffs. It is permissible to dream big dreams. There is no ceiling. westwords Great article as usual! Read it Yall!
We have to stop with the stupid penalties. The refs protect QBs and the hit out of bounds. And I think there was another penalty on a punt return that backed us up another 15 yards.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
We have to stop with the stupid penalties. The refs protect QBs and the hit out of bounds. And I think there was another penalty on a punt return that backed us up another 15 yards.

That Officiating crew is horrid. The Okie OLine was holding on every play. I don't recall them getting a holding penalty. Watch the replay, it's blatant.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
1 game at a time.........just like Heup said.

You can't really fault our players for going full speed. Some of those penalties were ticky tacky, especially the one on A Carter.

First step is get everyone healthy, especially L Heard. I don't even know what to say about Campbell, but he hasn't played over 40 snaps in a game yet. I'm glad he came back into the game.

What I do know is that SOMEONE not named Davis needs to get all the first team snaps LT and RT these next two weeks. Dayne is clearly too slow to play either tackle position. I'd rather see B Grant or J. Perry out there learning on the job than DD doing his best matador impression. I defended him preseason, but I'm done after Saturday. They have to get a lot better on the outside if Nico is going to have any time in the pocket.

That Officiating crew is horrid. The Okie OLine was holding on every play. I don't recall them getting a holding penalty. Watch the replay, it's blatant.
Agreed. There was some clear home cooking on display. And I hate throwing that term around, but it felt like the game was in Tuscaloosa with all the crimson and yellow everywhere on the field.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Agree. But they will call the personal
Fouls when questionable. It’s easy for me to say this as a fan but field position will be more important this yr. as we lean on our D.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Agree. But they will call the personal
Fouls when questionable. It’s easy for me to say this as a fan but field position will be more important this yr. as we lean on our D.
Field position came into play because of that crap field (purposely unmowed & watered) and UT's Oline injuries. Tennessee shouldn't have to worry about the Field anymore this season; Arkansas has a Turf Field.

VN Store

Back