Our Enemy!

Don't know about you all but I'm pulling for Bama to take care of Georiga this weekend!I want both Tennessee and Bama unbeaten when we play them at Neyland,will be the game of the year!
I'm pulling for both of them to lose. Even hoping that by some gravitation quirk, Apophis returns early and wipe them both out during the game.

It would probably be best for Bama to beat Georgia because we have a better chance at beating Bama at home this year and that would look better for us. Georgia is going to be a tough one on the road
Agreed. Best case scenario with Georgia is they win in a shootout with Ole Miss the week before and have nothing left in the tank when we meet them.

My (often shared on this message board opinion):

Nick Saban is a class act. He demanded, and received, the best from his players. In the professional league, they have performed well. Regardless of gumpy, classless fans, they were a dynasty that is to be admired for their accomplishments. They produced talent such as Derrick Henry, Jalen Hurts, Tua, Waddle, Smith...and the list goes on.

Georgia on the other hand is a sorry, classless pile of thugs. DUI's, countless and continual reckless driving citations, they even manage to go out and kill a colleague from time-to-time. Their players perform awful when the get in the league, if they even end up there and not in rehab. They don't represent the university well and, save a very soft schedule and a couple of injuries on the Bama side, we still wouldn't be talking about their two national championships. They produce "talent" like Jake Fromm, Stetson Bennet, Kendall Milton, Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint. In addition, their adult fans bark like insufferable dog's that are in heat - what a show.

I hope Bama beats the brakes off of UGA this weekend. And without the marshmallow schedule, I predict GA loses at least three this year: Bama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas (and I really hope one of the three is TN).

Once they lose their first one, this '24 uga team will fall apart.

Right now I would say a completely healthy Vols team beats a completely healthy uga, but maybe not a completely healthy bama.
I can already hear the whining from both if their game results in injuries that linger for the Vols game.

Never. I say again - Never.

I have generations of family passed on from this blessed Earth who would rise from their graves and kick my ass if they heard me say those words.
I am not related to you, (don't even know you), and I'm not dead, but I'd think about kicking your ass if I heard you say it. ;)

Stay strong.

Reactions: ValleyAlVol

Nick Saban is a class act. He demanded, and received, the best from his players. In the professional league, they have performed well. Regardless of gumpy, classless fans, they were a dynasty that is to be admired for their accomplishments. They produced talent such as Derrick Henry, Jalen Hurts, Tua, Waddle, Smith...and the list goes on.

Georgia on the other hand is a sorry, classless pile of thugs. DUI's, countless and continual reckless driving citations, they even manage to go out and kill a colleague from time-to-time. Their players perform awful when the get in the league, if they even end up there and not in rehab. They don't represent the university well and, save a very soft schedule and a couple of injuries on the Bama side, we still wouldn't be talking about their two national championships. They produce "talent" like Jake Fromm, Stetson Bennet, Kendall Milton, Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint. In addition, their adult fans bark like insufferable dog's that are in heat - what a show.

I hope Bama beats the brakes off of UGA this weekend. And without the marshmallow schedule, I predict GA loses at least three this year: Bama, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas (and I really hope one of the three is TN).

Agreed on Georgia, disagree about Bama. Bama has had more than their fare share of the following during Saban's time there. This was just a quick cursory search but there have been others from what I recall:

1727099403889.png

When I was but a wee lad, I would spend some of my days helping my dad with his plumbing business. There are many sounds, smells, and sights that take me back to that beat up old work van - the tools jingling around, the various glues or sealants that he used on the pipes, the oppressive heat in that thing in the middle of the summer - but I think the thing that will always stick in my mind the most was the license plate on the front:

"I root for two teams every Saturday: Tennessee and whoever plays Alabama."

Personally, even if an Alabama win helps Tennessee I don't think there's anyway I could cheer for them.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

When you say it like that, I can't help but want Bummer to win. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

HOWEVER, just ftr, I'd rather take a kick to the coin purse than say those two words. I won't cheer for them or sing that song they sing about a Tennessee saturday night that they desecrate by adding their own stupid lyrics to.

I will just laugh, no matter who loses, knowing that there will be many tears shed amongst either fanbase that ends up in the L column.

Reactions: casual-observer
When you say it like that, I can't help but want Bummer to win. I pretty much agree with everything you said.

HOWEVER, just ftr, I'd rather take a kick to the coin purse than say those two words. I won't cheer for them or sing that song they sing about a Tennessee saturday night that they desecrate by adding their own stupid lyrics to.

I will just laugh, no matter who loses, knowing that there will be many tears shed amongst either fanbase that ends up in the L column.
I will be laughing with you. I find that when two teams I dislike, or in this case, utterly loathe, play each other, I’m guaranteed a good time. I can usually overlook the one that is winning and just revel in the misery of the loser.

When I was but a wee lad, I would spend some of my days helping my dad with his plumbing business. There are many sounds, smells, and sights that take me back to that beat up old work van - the tools jingling around, the various glues or sealants that he used on the pipes, the oppressive heat in that thing in the middle of the summer - but I think the thing that will always stick in my mind the most was the license plate on the front:

"I root for two teams every Saturday: Tennessee and whoever plays Alabama."

Personally, even if an Alabama win helps Tennessee I don't think there's anyway I could cheer for them.
Words to live by, and yet I still find myself hoping Bammer wins. I want the TSIO to be a top 5 matchup.

Reactions: VOLfrombama
Don't know about you all but I'm pulling for Bama to take care of Georiga this weekend!I want both Tennessee and Bama unbeaten when we play them at Neyland,will be the game of the year!
Can they both lose?

I think it will be more likely we beat Bama at home than UGA on the road but neither game will be easy. UGAs schedule is pretty tough and I don't see them going undefeated. Bama, Texas, Ole Miss and Tenn means 4 of 9 games will be against top 10 opponents. Texas and Bama both only have 1 or 2 tests left. There is potential for quote a mess atop the SEC..... Sure would be nice to take care of business and get to Atlanta without advanced math to figure out who plays for the title.

VN Store

Back