Inquiring minds want to know.

Vfl2407

First, this is not a criticism of CJH or any college coach.
I think they have the right to conceal or even lie about injuries.
Gamblers, of course, hate that.
And they got their way with the new SECdisclosure policy that requires a one word description of players from Wed-Sat.

That being said, the most important question surrounding Tennessee football concerns the health of our offensive tackles.
With them playing at full or near full strength, we are indeed a top 5 team with a chance to win it all.
Without one of them, we aren’t quite as great but still very good.
Without both of them, we arent as good and may not be good enough to beat Bama and UGA.

So that begs the question.
What is wrong with Heard and Campbell? When will they be back and in what condition ?
Speculation I’ve seen on other sites is that Campbell has a manageable fluid on the knee (bursa sac) problem. It has to be drained periodically and he should be rested occasionally and not play a full four quarters.
The information on Heard is harder to find. One report said he has a high ankle sprain which are quite difficult for big guys to come back from without a “tightrope” surgery. Another report says there’s an attitude problem with him and his agent as far as not playing him until he’s 100% and to hurt his NFL draft position. Whatever it is, we REALLY need him (at at least 75%) to protect Nico’s blind side especially on deep routes when Nico needs a little more time. Otherwise, we have to alter our play calling as we saw in Norman.

Heard and Campbell will decide if this could be an incredible possible national title team or just a very, very good team.

I don’t know if this is the reason but over the years I’ve noticed several Volunteers going into their senior year with very high expectations fall to the level of just good or even mediocre. They then end up having great NFL caterers.

Why you ask?

It’s not complicated. There could be 10,000,000 reasons why or more.

Reactions: onevol74
First, this is not a criticism of CJH or any college coach.
I think they have the right to conceal or even lie about injuries.
Gamblers, of course, hate that.
And they got their way with the new SECdisclosure policy that requires a one word description of players from Wed-Sat.

That being said, the most important question surrounding Tennessee football concerns the health of our offensive tackles.
With them playing at full or near full strength, we are indeed a top 5 team with a chance to win it all.
Without one of them, we aren’t quite as great but still very good.
Without both of them, we arent as good and may not be good enough to beat Bama and UGA.

So that begs the question.
What is wrong with Heard and Campbell? When will they be back and in what condition ?
Speculation I’ve seen on other sites is that Campbell has a manageable fluid on the knee (bursa sac) problem. It has to be drained periodically and he should be rested occasionally and not play a full four quarters.
The information on Heard is harder to find. One report said he has a high ankle sprain which are quite difficult for big guys to come back from without a “tightrope” surgery. Another report says there’s an attitude problem with him and his agent as far as not playing him until he’s 100% and to hurt his NFL draft position. Whatever it is, we REALLY need him (at at least 75%) to protect Nico’s blind side especially on deep routes when Nico needs a little more time. Otherwise, we have to alter our play calling as we saw in Norman.

Heard and Campbell will decide if this could be an incredible possible national title team or just a very, very good team.
Without our starting tackles, i dont think we are very good. We become one Demensional. The bye week couldnt have come at a better time.

Reactions: Sarms58
I don’t know if this is the reason but over the years I’ve noticed several Volunteers going into their senior year with very high expectations fall to the level of just good or even mediocre. They then end up having great NFL caterers.

Why you ask?

It’s not complicated. There could be 10,000,000 reasons why or more.
Players used to tape their ankles. Why don't they do it anymore? Did it really help at all?

Our offense still performed relatively well against one of the best defenses we are likely to face this year. Considering how good a coach Venables is and how similar our offenses are, it may be the best defense schematically we will see this year.

I don't see it as some sort of perilous concern others are making. Are we a better team when Heard and Campbell are healthy? Absolutely. We will still be a really good team if they aren't? Absolutely.

Players used to tape their ankles. Why don't they do it anymore? Did it really help at all?
Some players do, some don't, Tillman ankles weren't taped when he suffered his high ankle sprain which ended up needing surgery. But even taped ankles doesn't insure they will not be injured.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The harder you secure the ankles the higher the risk for knee injury so you’re kinda picking which poison who want. Some trainers feel you don’t overly secure the ankles unless they’re truly more of a risk than the knees. If the athlete has a history of one or the other then secure that one.

I’ve always wondered why not secure everything lol but I also know the more spots you secure the less mobility you have overall. So I guess that’s my answer anyway

Without our starting tackles, i dont think we are very good. We become one Demensional. The bye week couldnt have come at a better time.
It’s clear after 4 games that the season hinges on the OL going forward. If they can get healthy and improve then Nico can reach his full potential. Really need Heard and Campbell back because the dropoff seems significant.

It’s clear after 4 games that the season hinges on the OL going forward. If they can get healthy and improve then Nico can reach his full potential. Really need Heard and Campbell back because the dropoff seems significant.
We need to build depth there just like the Defensive line. We are, but it is taking alittle longer.

VN Store

Back