Jermod McCoy named Jim Thorpe National DB of the Week

First of many. Should’ve done my research and I would’ve been able to converse with his Grandpa better. Thought he was from the middle Tennessee area and went to Oregon State from there. White House, TX native. So when I was saying the refs were bad but we’ve actually seen worse the past few seasons, I wouldn’t have been surprised by his blank, unconvinced stare. 😅

To be fair it is still the “weakness” of the defense. Secondary can be the weakness and still be really good though.
There is nothing fair about the criticism that Banks and Martinez have endured since arriving in Knoxville. All they’ve done is improve the defense each year they’ve been here. This year is no different. It’s just the next step in the progression. A continuation of the trend.

There is nothing fair about the criticism that Banks and Martinez have endured since arriving in Knoxville. All they’ve done is improve the defense each year they’ve been here. This year is no different. It’s just the next step in the progression. A continuation of the trend.
If you look through my post history you will see a fair amount of defense for Martinez. Martinez was instrumental in landing McCoy here via the portal. I meant no slight against banks or him by my comment. I simply mean we do not have the depth we would like in secondary that we do at other defensive positions yet.

I mean DBs are likely to struggle in coverage without a consistent pass rush and solid, reliable play on the defensive front, and our front's been amazing thus far this season. I think our front is as deep and and as talented as I have ever seen. It's a great problem to have.

Pleasantly surprised by the play of our defensive backs so far , it doesn't hurt that they play behind our dominant front seven . Jermod McCoy has definitely stood out .

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Air tight coverage on the outside courtesy of McCoy and Gibson, ridiculous pass rush, and no time to exploit the middle of the field. This works!!! No problems on the back 7!
They hit hard back there too. That gives every wr some pause when playing against our defense.

Our DL/LBs make the QB/RB nervous and our DBs make the receivers nervous, before the ball is even snapped. . . I just wonder when Thomas is gonna be sent on a corner blitz and destroy someone's QB.

Reactions: #1n51&98
They hit hard back there too. That gives every wr some pause when playing against our defense.

Our DL/LBs make the QB/RB nervous and our DBs make the receivers nervous, before the ball is even snapped. . . I just wonder when Thomas is gonna be sent on a corner blitz and destroy someone's QB.
Thomas was sent on a corner blitz vs NC State, and got home with the sack, yes sir.

I love the way he hits. The kid is a Head Hunter. Just hope he can hold up all season though. He's the Lynch pin of our secondart

I'm going to flat out say it. People were sayin' Jakoby was a bust, MTSU junk, but he's looking more and more like J-KOBE, that dude wearing #9!!!

I was surprised he didn't win the starting safety spot out of camp outright cause I thought he looked the part. Thus far he's proven through his play to be our best safety. He's fast instinctive and not afraid to lay the boom. Another future NFL player in our secondary.

I think McCoy, Gibson, Boo, and Jakobe have Sunday futures.

VN Store

Back