Urban Meyer Predicts

Herbstreit jumps on the Vol bandwagon then Finebaum followed by Cowherd, Saban and now Meyer. Winning attracts all kinds of attention. Herbstreit said keep doing what you're doing and don't get caught up in the conversation.

Hard to believe we have come this far this fast.
I do not disagree you, but just hasten to add, these same bootlickers would throw us under the bus at the earliest opportunity.

Herbstreit jumps on the Vol bandwagon then Finebaum followed by Cowherd, Saban and now Meyer. Winning attracts all kinds of attention. Herbstreit said keep doing what you're doing and don't get caught up in the conversation.

Hard to believe we have come this far this fast.
Exactly! Everyone at TN deserves credit. It appears that the culture has been developed for sustainability. After 15 years of misery, I can finally enjoy TN being relevant again across all sports.

Honestly, this is one of those years where we might be better served to NOT make the SEC championship.

Would kind of suck to be sitting at 10-2, lose the champjonship game then get leapfrogged by Ole Miss or Mizzu.

Staying home the first weekend of December might just give us an extra week of rest before the playoff slog

tenor.gif

So glad to be back in the position of actually believing the Vols have a solid chance of competing for championships not just a punchers chance or even DOA. Started questioning if id ever live to see this day again.

I have 19 year old twins that have never seen TN in this position, at least in their memory, so im eating it up.

With that being said, Urban can go kick rocks.

Honestly, this is one of those years where we might be better served to NOT make the SEC championship.

Would kind of suck to be sitting at 10-2, lose the champjonship game then get leapfrogged by Ole Miss or Mizzu.

Staying home the first weekend of December might just give us an extra week of rest before the playoff slog
I'll never believe this.

In my mind, it is ALWAYS better to get to Atlanta when we can.

The SEC Championship has value, in and of itself. Separate and distinct objective from the national playoffs.

We should ALWAYS strive to (a) win the SEC championship and (b) win the national championship.

Besides, one should never plan on failure. Plan on success, then be ready to adjust if failure gets in the way.

Go Vols!

I'll predict that the winner of the SECCG, obviously, will get a bye. Loser gets a first round home game.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I'll never believe this.

In my mind, it is ALWAYS better to get to Atlanta when we can.

The SEC Championship has value, in and of itself. Separate and distinct objective from the national playoffs.

We should ALWAYS strive to (a) win the SEC championship and (b) win the national championship.

Besides, one should never plan on failure. Plan on success, then be ready to adjust if failure gets in the way.

Go Vols!

While I agree with you on the surface and I don't like it, there are times in life when it's best to live to fight another day.

We are rolling right now on many fronts-recruiting, national respect, etc etc

We need a playoff appearance this year to keep the ball rolling.

No offense, but I would trade a conference championship appearance for a playoff appearance any day of the week-at least in the position we are in right now. In five years, if our success continues then I may feel very differently.

The playoffs should have just been expanded to 16 and the P4 championships become defacto playoff games. As things are in the year 2024 (only)-a 2 loss UT team is basically a playoff lock
A 3 loss UT team is basically on the outside looking in and we are talking about next year

While I agree with you on the surface and I don't like it, there are times in life when it's best to live to fight another day.

We are rolling right now on many fronts-recruiting, national respect, etc etc

We need a playoff appearance this year to keep the ball rolling.

No offense, but I would trade a conference championship appearance for a playoff appearance any day of the week-at least in the position we are in right now. In five years, if our success continues then I may feel very differently.

The playoffs should have just been expanded to 16 and the P4 championships become defacto playoff games. As things are in the year 2024 (only)-a 2 loss UT team is basically a playoff lock
A 3 loss UT team is basically on the outside looking in and we are talking about next year
I think I can prove you wrong, friend.

Because your thoughts in this thread exist in absence of the element of time.

You and I might both prioritize a national title above an SEC title. I think most folks probably would. And you and I might differ on whether an SEC crown is worth more than an appearance in the playoffs.

But whatever our preferences when you list things as if they're on a menu, in reality we only get one game at a time. And you and I, and every other Vol fan here, is going to want to win that game.

TSIO? Let's win it.

at UGa? Let's win.

Vandy? Let's win.

Atlanta, versus whoever (Texas, Bama, or UGa seem most likely)? Let's win it!

First round of the playoffs? Let's go!

...and so on.

You'll never actually choose to lose, on the day of. It's just not in our DNA to do that.

So we actually agree. Always win the SEC. And always win the national title.

lol.

Let's do it! Go Vols!

Reactions: stolitonic
I'll predict that the winner of the SECCG, obviously, will get a bye. Loser gets a first round home game.
I think they really need to emphasize this happening . I don’t think it’s right for 2 teams, potentially 1 undefeated and another w/ 1 loss play for the conference title and then get screwed by a bunch of teams that got to sit at home. The 5 seed is what we should all hope for outside of an SEC title. That G5 school at home and then the ACC or Big 12 champion. The only team that I think is playing good football is Clemson . That would be a test. Miami did not impress one bit last night .

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I think I can prove you wrong, friend.

Because your thoughts in this thread exist in absence of the element of time.

You and I might both prioritize a national title above an SEC title. I think most folks probably would. And you and I might differ on whether an SEC crown is worth more than an appearance in the playoffs.

But whatever our preferences when you list things as if they're on a menu, in reality we only get one game at a time. And you and I, and every other Vol fan here, is going to want to win that game.

TSIO? Let's win it.

at UGa? Let's win.

Vandy? Let's win.

Atlanta, versus whoever (Texas, Bama, or UGa seem most likely)? Let's win it!

First round of the playoffs? Let's go!

...and so on.

You'll never actually choose to lose, on the day of. It's just not in our DNA to do that.

So we actually agree. Always win the SEC. And always win the national title.

lol.

Let's do it! Go Vols!

I can respect that, but guess I am way too logical in my life lol.

When I was growing up, my family business was hotels and restaurants. While the businesses were always on the up and up, whenever there was an inspection coming-there was a routine. Leave something small and obvious for the inspector to find. Why? There's never been a perfect health inspection done, they are gonna find something out of pride. Do you really want them digging around TRYING to find something wrong, or is it just easier to leave something laying around that is obvious so you get a 1 or 2 point deduction? Inspector is in and out of there in 15 minutes satisfied that he has done his job and you are free to resume your life/business

Same basic principle involved here. We're not gonna get through 2024 without a loss. If we're gonna lose, I would prefer to do it in a way that doesn't kill what else could be.

Guess I'm just getting old and I'm not that much of a fighter anymore. Had to learn to pick my battles a little bit. No such thing as perfect.

Still think my idea about the "playoffs" being expanded to 16 with the P4 championships essentially being the first round games would have been the winner. Both for pride of the individual programs and logistics.

Still think my idea about the "playoffs" being expanded to 16 with the P4 championships essentially being the first round games would have been the winner. Both for pride of the individual programs and logistics.
From a balance perspective that’d be pretty rough. A couple of those P4 conferences are A LOT weaker than the others. Seems really unfair to have a potential 1/2 or 1/3 matchup in the first round for the SEC and a 12/16 matchup for the PAC2

VN Store

Back