Bye Week Question - Favorite Non-Household name Vol of all time?

I Love Lamp

Look at this stupid username
Who is your favorite Vol that anyone outside of Tennessee fandom would likely not know who they were?

Mine? easy…Raynoch Thompson. That guy seemed to be just everywhere while in orange and his name is probably what has stuck with me the most for some reason. Didn’t work out for him the pros too well but he was a great college player for us.

Lee Otis Burton

He was diagnosed with some sort of blood disease and had to stop playing football or he would have been mentioned along with Reggie White as one of our all time great D linemen.

He was my suite-mate in North Carrick one summer quarter. Dogs were prohibited, but he had one in his room. Super guy.

Many but Joe Graham stands out because he was a terrific player whose career was shortened by injuries

Addendum: Another that I have to mention. Tommy Fisher. Mid 60's linebacker who was killed in an automobile accident...... his junior year I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: BVols20
Lee Otis Burton

He was diagnosed with some sort of blood disease and had to stop playing football or he would have been mentioned along with Reggie White as one of our all time great D linemen.

He was my suite-mate in North Carrick one summer quarter. Dogs were prohibited, but he had one in his room. Super guy.
Defensive lineman who chased down Notre Dame’s stud running back, Vagas Ferguson from behind. Could have been all world.

VN Store

Back