Oklahoma Fan roll call

VFL-82-JP

Bleedin' Orange...
We had a good half dozen or more Sooner fans show up in the weeks prior to the game.

How many of you fellas are still around?

Because I have a few questions:

1. How did you think that game went sideways from (a) your expectations and (b) Coach Venable's game plan? What was different than you, or he, expected?

2. Do you think your spate of injuries has much to do with the state of your playing surface? I don't know much about the types of problems your lads are suffering, is it a lot of lower legs, or mostly something else?

3. How do you think it goes from here? With Texas, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou* still to come, you have plenty of challenges. On the other hand, you have perhaps found a QB who can help carry the team, and your defense is very good. What do you think that all turns into, win-loss?

4. Is there even a hint of a hot seat for Venables? I wouldn't think so, but don't know the conversations you guys have among yourselves.

I personally think y'all can stand toe to toe with anyone left on your board. Trouble is, facing them one after another...after another...after another. The grind is going to wear you out. The SEC did you guys no favors with this schedule.

Appreciate your insights! Hope you guys roll all over Auburn today.

Go Vols!

* I only include Mizzou because they're ranked. I do not think they're at your level.

Oh they had PLENTY to say before the game..But comments since? Nada..Trollin' is no fun when your team gets a proper beatdown..Like you, I wanted to hear from a logical OU poster what they thought about the game..And the 4 questions you ask are logical indeed..Oh well I guess we'll never know..

Welcome to the SEC!! Enjoy!!

We had a good half dozen or more Sooner fans show up in the weeks prior to the game.

How many of you fellas are still around?

Because I have a few questions:

1. How did you think that game went sideways from (a) your expectations and (b) Coach Venable's game plan? What was different than you, or he, expected?

2. Do you think your spate of injuries has much to do with the state of your playing surface? I don't know much about the types of problems your lads are suffering, is it a lot of lower legs, or mostly something else?

3. How do you think it goes from here? With Texas, Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou* still to come, you have plenty of challenges. On the other hand, you have perhaps found a QB who can help carry the team, and your defense is very good. What do you think that all turns into, win-loss?

4. Is there even a hint of a hot seat for Venables? I wouldn't think so, but don't know the conversations you guys have among yourselves.

I personally think y'all can stand toe to toe with anyone left on your board. Trouble is, facing them one after another...after another...after another. The grind is going to wear you out. The SEC did you guys no favors with this schedule.

Appreciate your insights! Hope you guys roll all over Auburn today.

Go Vols!

* I only include Mizzou because they're ranked. I do not think they're at your level.
I think the Mizzou defense is for real. Just like OU.
Mizzou probably has the better offense today, but I like to think OU's offense may show a pulse by then.
OU and their injury issues reminds me of the Butch years. Way too many injuries and it obviously costed us wins.

Realistically, after a loss do VOL fans go to the winners website to make excuses or to tell them how well the VOLS played? I doubt it. No rubbing salt unless it's Bama or UGA. Think their injuries played a part just like our OL tackle injuries played a role in Nicos 2 fumbles. If you can't protect the QB you're just asking for it.
Is the backup QB for OU better than Arnold? Don't know; looks like he is more mobile but OU has to work that out. Backup QB was basically working against our prevent D. We're running clock & making them run clock so don't know if that is a fair comparison. Still, for us, we're moving forward.
We did have some good OU fans come on here prior to the game and had some insightful comments. Kudos to those guys. As to SEC schedules in general, going through the SEC is brutal and injuries are going to take their toll on all of the teams. Looks like we now need to recruit more offensive guys for the Oline.

I think the Mizzou defense is for real. Just like OU.
Mizzou probably has the better offense today, but I like to think OU's offense may show a pulse by then.
OU and their injury issues reminds me of the Butch years. Way too many injuries and it obviously costed us wins.
Think missy-uri not a bad team but will be exposed like when KY rushes out to 5-0 and ends up 8-4

tenor.gif

Realistically, after a loss do VOL fans go to the winners website to make excuses or to tell them how well the VOLS played? I doubt it. No rubbing salt unless it's Bama or UGA. Think their injuries played a part just like our OL tackle injuries played a role in Nicos 2 fumbles. If you can't protect the QB you're just asking for it.
Is the backup QB for OU better than Arnold? Don't know; looks like he is more mobile but OU has to work that out. Backup QB was basically working against our prevent D. We're running clock & making them run clock so don't know if that is a fair comparison. Still, for us, we're moving forward.
We did have some good OU fans come on here prior to the game and had some insightful comments. Kudos to those guys. As to SEC schedules in general, going through the SEC is brutal and injuries are going to take their toll on all of the teams. Looks like we now need to recruit more offensive guys for the Oline.
Big difference. I don’t go on THEIR BOARDS AT ALL. If I did, I’d hope my sauce wouldn’t be as weak as @Sooner Redzone. When he wasn’t citing Bud Wilkinson’s record or past Heismans, he relied on the Vegas line that was put out before a single game was played for his trash talk. 😴 He came back after the game for an “I’m not leaving!” retort…and then cancelled his account. 😅

Reactions: VolRage and MAD

VN Store

Back