I'm disgusted. Something has to change.

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
So, I was just toggling back and forth between the end of the OLE Miss/KY (Boom - congrats Cats!) game and the NIU/Wolfpack (good job pack on helping our SOS) game and in the last 4 minutes of each game, there were a combined 6 players who were down on the ground complaining of injuries and therefore, having a time out called and stopping the momentum of the opposing teams drive. EACH PLAYER, after careful examination by their equipment manager, got up and walked off the field under their own power without hesitation, missing limbs, broken bones, concussions, etc.

I don't have the solution, but this phantom bogus injuries must be met with a penalty to the team that owns these Oscar nominees. At minimum, the ref should have the ability on his call to deduct a time out if they feel the player is feigning the injury. This is a serious problem for the NCAA and we are seeing it way too much.

Oh, and before I get off my soapbox, yes, Kiffin's players led the charge in this category today. They deserved to lose, and they did!

So, I was just toggling back and forth between the end of the OLE Miss/KY (Boom - congrats Cats!) game and the NIU/Wolfpack (good job pack on helping our SOS) game and in the last 4 minutes of each game, there were a combined 6 players who were down on the ground complaining of injuries and therefore, having a time out called and stopping the momentum of the opposing teams drive. EACH PLAYER, after careful examination by their equipment manager, got up and walked off the field under their own power without hesitation, missing limbs, broken bones, concussions, etc.

I don't have the solution, but this phantom bogus injuries must be met with a penalty to the team that owns these Oscar nominees. At minimum, the ref should have the ability on his call to deduct a time out if they feel the player is feigning the injury. This is a serious problem for the NCAA and we are seeing it way too much.

Oh, and before I get off my soapbox, yes, Kiffin's players led the charge in this category today. They deserved to lose, and they did!
Karma for Kiffin, I say. But yes, I DESPISE the flopping.

The solution is simple. Currently you have to stay out 1 play before coming back.

Increase that time. Example:

You have to stay out for the remainder of that series and the next series. So you miss 2 series anytime you go down
Another solution would be requiring the team to take a timeout. You get one or two freebies per half, after that if one of your players goes down you have to call a timeout. If you’re out of timeouts, it’s a 5 yard delay of game.

Another solution would be requiring the team to take a timeout. You get one or two freebies per half, after that if one of your players goes down you have to call a timeout. If you’re out of timeouts, it’s a 5 yard delay of game.

I don’t think a player being injured should ever hurt your team in teams of down and distance.

It's early in the football season, but seeing Kiffen's team lose means it's already a good season. They looked way over rated the entire game or at least the parts that I could stomach to watch

I don’t know if you saw it but in the Ole Miss game earlier in the day when OlenMiss was trying to get a play in, Jackson Dart looked at his RB and signaled for him to flop down with a fake injury. The “Kiffin injury” is real, but the injury isn’t.

Something needs to be done about this. I think we’ve reached a place that if you go out with an injury you can’t return on that possession. Or maybe more.

Reactions: ButchPlz and mpfvol
Simple solution would be to hold any player out of the game for a 1/2 a game anytime they have to be assisted off the field. Anyone who goes down twice for any reason is out of the game. Player safety

Reactions: Vol-in-Atlanta
One video is floating around on the web shows the designated Old Miss player is not paying attention to the sidelines signaling him to fall down, so his team mates get his attention and he falls straight down on que. Perhaps the ESPN guys who give out helmet stickers on College Football Final can give out Academy Award stickers for the best ghost injury. Maybe showing how silly they look and embarrassing them would help stop it.

Maybe flopping players should be given the mercy treatment that downed horses received. You know, put them out of their misery. Especially given the soccer style flopping some of them do. I'd loan or donate my ancient tap-action British flintlock for use as an ultimate aspirin to relieve their pain and suffering.

The Ole Miss QB pointed to the ground and all of a sudden the RB fell.

Reactions: mpfvol and TJVol95
It's early in the football season, but seeing Kiffen's team lose means it's already a good season. They looked way over rated the entire game or at least the parts that I could stomach to watch
Funny how playing against a good defense exposes weaknesses.

VN Store

Back