Section with highest overall crowd volume

207 others

Neyland and Nehlan #VOLNEER
Kinda an odd topic but I'm curious which section has the most scientific, engineer wise, overall sound volume..

I understand the student section is loud due to students but which section has the most sound just collapsing into your ears from everyone collectively cheering?

I wonder how mid field upper and lower vs end zone upper and lower and corners of upper lower compete for the amplification of sound waves in a bowl shaped, "stacked on top" (we are a high vs wide stadium) 2 deck stadium is?

I'm going to UF game in PP around row 40 and wonder how that would compare to say, P, or the other side around D etc. Sound/audiophile/engineers welcome to chime in on the theoretical loudest seats in neyland..

Kinda an odd topic but I'm curious which section has the most scientific, engineer wise, overall sound volume..
Tough question to give an exact answer as this is a topic of great scientific interest with a variety of opinions!

A few labs around the country seem to believe the lower section near the student section is pretty loud. Sorry I don’t have any links to their research though…

Personally I would agree… the lower sections near the students or accross can be a little wild

Reactions: 207 others
Tough question to give an exact answer as this is a topic of great scientific interest with a variety of opinions!

A few labs around the country seem to believe the lower section near the student section is pretty loud. Sorry I don’t have any links to their research though…

Personally I would agree… the lower sections near the students or accross can be a little wild
That's awesome I appreciate the input and that makes sense. I love random factoids and this got me curious about the nature of sound, loudness etc

id say dead center lower bowl. closer the field the louder.

I’m in section B row 55 and for the Florida and Bama games in 2022 I had to wear earplugs the whole game when UT was on defense and it wasn’t cause I didn’t want to talk to my wife. I could not take noise.

If the other sections were any worse for those games, I would not want to be in them.

VN Store

Back