Justin Wilcox what if

Didn't he kind of pull a Kiffin by leaving after he had agreed to stay? I don't remember the details, but I thought he was gonna stay then went to play for Sarkisian or somebody like that.

Oh and I hate Cal. I hope Miami hangs a 50 burger on them.

Didn't he kind of pull a Kiffin by leaving after he had agreed to stay? I don't remember the details, but I thought he was gonna stay then went to play for Sarkisian or somebody like that.

I don’t think you can blame him for wanting to leave Dooley. I would not want to work under that man. He was holding Wilcox back.

JW just on Gameday. Always liked him when he was our DC under Dool. Have always thought if he hadnt left after the 2011 season the 2012 team would have won 3 or 4 more games and gone 8-4 or even 9-3 . Instead Dools hired Sunseri and the rest is history.
Yup that 2012 Offense was one the the best we ever had but the damn season went to Hell because we paired it with the worst Defense we ever had.

I get that, but if I remember correctly he had agreed to stay. So much for honor and integrity.
How much time passed between agreeing to stay and leaving? I don’t remember. If it was one day, then I agree, that is shady, but a lot can happen in one month. If a better opportunity comes along that you cannot refuse, I get it.

I'm trying to scrub the 2008-2020 seasons off my brain forever. I'm trying to get the beer to target those specific brain cells every Saturday. Having these thread titles pop up in front of me is hindering my progress.
If you could master that selective memory erasure, you could make your fortune. So many applications for it.

Reactions: just bob

Don't know about promises but he wanted to be on the West Coast where he grew up. His mother is from Georgia and he has relatives there but he wanted to be in the NW.

Yup that 2012 Offense was one the the best we ever had but the damn season went to Hell because we paired it with the worst Defense we ever had.
The offensive line that year was filthy nasty. Then add in two dynamic receivers (plus a burner in Z-Ro) and a qb who could sling it. Pair that offense with one of the Fulmer defenses of the Randy Sanders inept offense years and they would have won a lot of games.

Finally we have an offense and a defense at the same time.

Dooley should have been fired after the 2011 loss to Kentucky. The 2012 team would have had a better opportunity with another coach.

Definitely. A lot of bad decisions dug us into a 12+ year hole. One of the worst was rushing to make a hire once Kiffin left and not only settling on, but overpaying Dooley.

Should’ve named an interim for the season and went after a real coach while the brand was still somewhat attractive.

We descended into a pit so deep that even Dave Doeren turned us down….yeesh.

VN Store

Back