Are you people serious?

Pride85

We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

Alabama was dominated by Vanderbilt

Old Miss was beaten by Kentucky.

Missouri was obliterated by Texas A&M

We dominated Oklahoma

Georgia was beaten by the team that lost to VANDERBILT.

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Please flame away so I can fill my ignore lists once again.

We truly have some of the dumbest and disloyal "fans" in all of sports. I think one of the things that I enjoyed during the first weeks of this season is not having to read the bile of these type of threads/posts. WORST ONE LOSS TEAM???

We dominated Oklahoma

Will all of you "fans" that have been pacing the floor waiting for this team to stumble to act like this, just go back to wherever you were hiding. There is nothing wrong with being upset with a loss. There is nothing wrong with criticizing bad play or coaching for a game. But to act like some of the so called "faithful" of this fanbase since a tough loss is ridiculous.

Are you guys mad because you placed a big bet on the game and lost your money? I have said from day one that the transfer portal, NIL and, worst of all, sports books would completely kill college sports in general. Here is the proof.

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.

2) The constant outflow of talent to other teams and constant inflow of talent creates even less continuity. We bring in the heralded left tackle who has not lived up to his NIL value at all. This "fanbase" was all over one of the few loyal players in Dayne Davis at Oklahoma, but Heard didn't exactly tear it up at Arkansas.

3) I absolutely believe that the venom of the dark side of this forum is fed by the anger at losing bets to be even more irrational and vile than before. This is absolutely insane. This is no longer acceptable and the sports that some of us have enjoyed for decades isn't worth watching because of outside influences and insane "fans".

Well said...I was hesitant to even visit the site because I suspected what type of stupidity and I would see and sadly I was right. Will find other means of entertainment this week and give the idiots time cool down until we beat Florida

Well said...I was hesitant to even visit the site because I suspected what type of stupidity and I would see and sadly I was right. Will find other means of entertainment this week and give the idiots time cool down until we beat Florida
I agree 100%. I will not be listening to sports radio either, because I know how the callers, and hosts will act this week.

We dominated Oklahoma

Yeah pretty wild how some have completely given up hope already but it’s to be expected. I did lose a big bet today but still not on the fahr Heupel or bench Nico nonsense. There’s still a way to fix the offense and it starts with the line.

Reactions: Sarms58 and Vols91
After sleeping on it, I'm still fairly aggravated. But my ire is more directed at the coaches, especially on offense. They didn't put the fellas in a strong position to win. I think the piling on Nico is a bit much, he wasn't the only Vol to have a bad night.

Maybe the Dark Lord is right about the whole rat poison thing.

We dominated Oklahoma

Everyone is just shocked right now. Our quarterback had a really bad night. I couldn't figure out if the receivers weren't running good routes or if it was all on Nico. Regardless, football keeps me from being more active sometimes and after this one, if it's a nice day outside and a friend or loved one wants to go hiking, fishing, play golf, or something similar, I'll now go and catch the replay of the game later. If we're undefeated, it's a must watch, but otherwise, my health is more important. This won't be UT's last difficult game.

Everyone is just shocked right now. Our quarterback had a really bad night. I couldn't figure out if the receivers weren't running good routes or if it was all on Nico. Regardless, football keeps me from being more active sometimes and after this one, if it's a nice day outside and a friend or loved one wants to go hiking, fishing, play golf, or something similar, I'll now go and catch the replay of the game later. If we're undefeated, it's a must watch, but otherwise, my health is more important. This won't be UT's last difficult game.
I was wondering how long it would be before I saw a "I'm going to find something else to do on Saturdays" post.

Thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: Sarms58

We dominated Oklahoma

1) Criticism because the QB that got the big NIL deal isn't a world beater AS A FRESHMAN IN HIS SIXTH START. You would have called for Peyton's head his freshman year.++++

THIS team had 2 weeks to prepare for an SEC road game at Arky. This staff got completely outcoached and team was completely outplayed. This staff wasted a full year of experience on Nico for MILTON? Nico played just like Milton instead of throwing the ball on the last play went out of Bounds, also looked like a deer in headlights most of the night? Arky staff put together a lot of 3-3-5 defense last night, Offensive staff had no answer for another 3-3-5 defense - which by the way if you haven't noticed is a Heuple offense scheme KILLER.

We have the most talent we've ever had and a lot more than Arkansas has. O excuse for our poor gameplan. Arky Backup QB and we can't come up with something to stop the run?

The anger is from watching a much more talented team in the vols that had 2 WEEKS TO PREPARE get taken to the woodshed by an inferior team. The anger is from piss poor gameplan and execution. The anger is our staff having no answer but to run Sampson up May's rear end and get stuffed most of the night. WE HAD NO ANSWER. This offensive staff has regressed. Offensive line coach should be on a bus to coach jail for coaching malpractice TODAY.

Since when did an honest, accurate critique of what everyone sees (questionable play calls, lack of OL development, lack of offensive production, WRs not getting open, poor secondary play) equate to not being a fan?? I have tix to most games and I will be there pulling for our VOLS. Doesn’t mean we have to lay off criticism of the performances when they do not meet the standard set by the program itself. Disparaging comments on a personal level toward individual players are not acceptable. An honest critique of their performance is. It’s what a forum is for.

We dominated Oklahoma

Hate to say it, but we have sawscale serpents that lie under rocks just awaiting a chance to bite. I'm sure other fanbases have such creatures, but it's so disheartening to see it on VN - again, again, and again.

Reactions: Vols91
I definitely do not visit the site the first half of any of our games and this season generally do not visit until after the game is over as just to much emotions running rampant on here. I can be as critical as the next guy however I’m trying to not post when blood pressure is up.

We dominated Oklahoma

"Not having to read them" ask the person making you read them to stop.

After sleeping on it, I'm still fairly aggravated. But my ire is more directed at the coaches, especially on offense. They didn't put the fellas in a strong position to win. I think the piling on Nico is a bit much, he wasn't the only Vol to have a bad night.

Maybe the Dark Lord is right about the whole rat poison thing.
Nico still needs development too.

Since when did an honest, accurate critique of what everyone sees (questionable play calls, lack of OL development, lack of offensive production, WRs not getting open, poor secondary play) equate to not being a fan?? I have tix to most games and I will be there pulling for our VOLS. Doesn’t mean we have to lay off criticism of the performances when they do not meet the standard set by the program itself. Disparaging comments on a personal level toward individual players are not acceptable. An honest critique of their performance is. It’s what a forum is for.

I agree with this. Discussing “what went wrong” does not make a person less of a fan.

It’s not about this loss. It’s how we lost. Some us of watched the Oklahoma game and acknowledged that our offense had issues and we don’t have much faith in it going forward. We wanted to make ourselves feel better about the offensive performance so we said we were holding back and trying not to show too much and just playing conservative with a lead. Bullcrap! Nobody can honestly tell me that Coach H didn’t want to beat his former team badly. He just couldn’t because our offense is lacking and doesn’t have much trust in Nico.

We can beat anybody left on our schedule. But from what I’ve seen in our offense against the only two decent teams we’ve played, I have little confidence in these games. I do not think we will be a playoff team and there are at least two to three more losses coming for this team.

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾💯💯

VN Store

Back