This one will hurt for a long time

EtowahVol

I've got my opinions. their the same as they were when I first heard Heupal was coming and who he was bringing with him. He was here before. And coached the same technique that didn't work and still does. Too many DUMB mistakes and penalties. Ignorant. And Once again comes in a QB 2nd string Like in the LSU game several years ago we couldn't stop, that cost us a SEC and Rose bowl trip. We got a QB that takes to throw. If everybody is covered every play and can't get open we got bigger problems. So lets here your opinion. And our new lineman we been waiting on. pooped the bed. Lets hear your take!

The Hogs came out with a chip on their shoulder. They took the fight to us all night. They had a very aggressive game plan. Meanwhile the Vols played timid and the game plan was way too conservative.

Reactions: KHVol
I sometimes wonder if Nico (and other QB’s) have had the “don’t turn the ball over” mantra drilled so deep into their heads that they’re almost afraid to throw the ball unless their receivers are WIDE OPEN. It’s hard to see on TV but occasionally it looked like some receivers had a step or two separation but Nico wouldn’t throw it. As they say in golf “trust your swing”, maybe the same principle applies with “trust your throws”.

I sometimes wonder if Nico (and other QB’s) have had the “don’t turn the ball over” mantra drilled so deep into their heads that they’re almost afraid to throw the ball unless their receivers are WIDE OPEN. It’s hard to see on TV but occasionally it looked like some receivers had a step or two separation but Nico wouldn’t throw it. As they say in golf “trust your swing”, maybe the same principle applies with “trust your throws”.

This is at the heart of the issue. Playing tentative football rarely wins.

I won’t guess why he is so tentative, but the have to coach that out of him.

This one sucks for sure but nowhere near as bad as the 2022 loss to SC at the hands of Spencer Rattler!

VN Store

Back