From a pure football standpoint

We were dominated in most aspects of the game. We could have been down 21 in the first half.

The running into the kicker penalty was a turning point. We were up 2 scores and held them 3 and out. They had no momentum.

My 02
Agreed. We never found any semblance of an offense. No rhythm. Seemed very pedestrian. No tight ends down the seam. Maybe there wasn’t a seam. I don’t know defense like that. No crossing routes or slants. Just run into their teeth and throw it into a wide receiver screen.
I’m just shocked we couldn’t scheme someone open. But, again, I’m not a football X’s and O’s guy. Oh and the freakin penalties that continuously backed us up. I was so tired of hearing that backing up beep sound bite I wanted to club a baby seal.

Reactions: orangello
You’re correct. We come out and score pretty easily on two straight possessions. If you get the ball back and keep the train rolling to go up 21-3 or even 17-3 then doubt starts to creep in. Instead we extended their drive with one of the dumbest/most easily avoidable penalties in football. Just let him kick it, because if you don’t block it he’s going to sell the hit and draw a penalty, and everybody knows it.

Reactions: vol94 and Voltopia
i'm wondering if we have our best playmakers on the field.i'm thinking more mike matthews and ethan davis and less staes/brazzel

VN Store

Back