Rushing the field

OrangeCola

How many times has it been done against us?

South Carolina 2 years ago, several times in Fulmers last couple years

It should be done when the win is special, given our recent history, I was surprised Arkanss did it

The Hogs are a good team. If not for mistakes they would have beaten Oklahoma State by double digits. Their fans are much like ours with their passion and were definitely very happy that they didn’t let this game slip away. They outplayed us all night and were the better team. Part of their storming the field was because they finally played a complete game and beat a good team.

The SEC is a tough league and road games are always going to be tough. We didn’t bring our A game and got whipped. Our offense has been out of sycn in both the last two road games - hopefully returning home will help. We’ve got another tough conference game in 6 days - got to put this one behind and move forward.

Hard to believe all the hype talk over the past 6 weeks was complete BS, including the top 5 ranking. Reality is a real gut punch.

Hard to believe all the hype talk over the past 6 weeks was complete BS, including the top 5 ranking. Reality is a real gut punch.
I don't believe it was complete BS. This has turned out to be an upset weekend. Several top teams experienced upsets. It happens. What I expect to see is some adjustments in the offense playcalling and clock management. And I expect to see some major adjustments with this defense. The defense was putrid all night long, especially the mid-level and back ends. That needs to be addressed ASAP.

I don't believe it was complete BS. This has turned out to be an upset weekend. Several top teams experienced upsets. It happens. What I expect to see is some adjustments in the offense playcalling and clock management. And I expect to see some major adjustments with this defense. The defense was putrid all night long, especially the mid-level and back ends. That needs to be addressed ASAP.
True, but we knew our weakest point was the secondary and if we gave a QB time to pass it was going to show. We knew it. This is why we only had the ball for 7 minutes in the 1st half.

Reactions: SamuraiVol74
How many times has it been done against us?

South Carolina 2 years ago, several times in Fulmers last couple years

It should be done when the win is special, given our recent history, I was surprised Arkanss did it
It was their first top-five win since beating Tennessee in 1999. Why wouldn’t they rush the field?

Do you think holding Arkansas to 19 points, 3 in the first half, while our offense couldn't sustain drives was putrid?
Defense just gassed out. Even as deep as Tennessee is on DL, Ark just wore them down. The penalty on their punter swung the game. If you don’t have “punt block” on, you don’t run into the punter or attempt to block it. Ross did this vs Chatt & everyone cheered but it bit them in the ass last night.

Do you think holding Arkansas to 19 points, 3 in the first half, while our offense couldn't sustain drives was putrid?
They had a receiver fall down on a sure TD. Got a FG instead. A WR dropped a pass in the end zone, procedded to miss a short FG. QB overlooked a wide open WR on a 4th down play. Arkansas left 18points on the field in the first half

The defense did not lose the game but they gave the QB time to throw downfield, exposed our secondary, and gave up long time-eating drives. They made great plays in the red zone to avoid additional scores. It could have easily been lopsided UA's way. Those plays were the highlights of the game.

VN Store

Back