RUNNING THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS WITH TIME EXPIRED

BobbyMcGee

WTF ! Who does that? Is there a QB coach on staff? Right up there with the QB a few years back who cost us a win at Alabama because he changed the play at the one yard line. Who's recruiting these guys? I mean, this loss could be taken much more in stride if the ball had been at least thrown, at least giving the team a chance, even if intercepted. I mean, I just sat staring at the screen in disbelieve. I have on seen something similar to that in a middle school game. WTH is going on at practices? That play, that last play was just humiliating, embarrassing and eye opening.

This gives a breakdown of the final drive. You,the fan can be the judge. Can you see this and make the throw? We had a potential TD.
Also, Landon Jackson embarrassed our tackles all night. He's great, we're average

Reactions: BleedOrange81
Clock management was a big issue last night. When the Vols got the ball back with 6-8 minutes left and the lead, they should have been milking every second, huddling, and running high completion percentage plays and making Arkansas burn all of their time outs. They did zero of that. That is 100% on Heupel and the staff. Their defense was never going to stand up to the challenge at hand. They got smoked all game long. Thinking they should go fast with the game on the line and relying on the defense was a poor decision.

Think he scrambled and lost where he was on the field and was allowed to be moved OB.
In that situation you gotta just step up and throw the 50/50 and whatever happens happens.
Hope the WR can come down with it or get the PI and one last shot
Yep. Freshman mistake and hopefully it’s a learning lesson for him.

It has nothing to do with being a freshman, it just common sense you need to throw it.
Well sure it’s common sense but freshmen sometimes don’t have that trait in everything they do. I certainly didn’t make all the right choices when I was a freshman that I did as a senior. Again it’s a learning experience and sometimes a hard one.

Joe Milton does that, actually.
Like Milton's bad habits and traits were passed down to Nico. Just like what Michigan did before, should have sent Milton packing when Hooker tooked the starting position away from him and rolled with a portal QB last season.

This gives a breakdown of the final drive. You,the fan can be the judge. Can you see this and make the throw? We had a potential TD.
Also, Landon Jackson embarrassed our tackles all night. He's great, we're average
If you want to make excuses for a play like that then you do not deserve to be respected.

If you want to make excuses for a play like that then you do not deserve to be respected.
Definitely not making excuses for the QB. I personally believe you throw it up, even if it gets picked. The game moves very fast though. Would love to see the All 22 angle of the game. It may shed more light why coach doesn't trust him as much to sling it

Well sure it’s common sense but freshmen sometimes don’t have that trait in everything they do. I certainly didn’t make all the right choices when I was a freshman that I did as a senior. Again it’s a learning experience and sometimes a hard one.
Get lost loser!

I would have like to have seen a pass I don’t know things like that awareness just like bumping qb etc I just don’t get it . I watched a coach pitch game last week ball hit to short force out at second but instead he chose throw for long out at first guy was safe. HE WAS 7 YEARS OLD!

It has nothing to do with being a freshman, it just common sense you need to throw it.
Tell me you’ve never competed in anything in life without telling me.

I’ve competed in combat sports and won way more than I lost and still plenty of times in film review I still see boneheaded mistakes, even if it leads to a win. In the moment common sense doesn’t usually exist

WTF ! Who does that? Is there a QB coach on staff? Right up there with the QB a few years back who cost us a win at Alabama because he changed the play at the one yard line. Who's recruiting these guys? I mean, this loss could be taken much more in stride if the ball had been at least thrown, at least giving the team a chance, even if intercepted. I mean, I just sat staring at the screen in disbelieve. I have on seen something similar to that in a middle school game. WTH is going on at practices? That play, that last play was just humiliating, embarrassing and eye opening.
I agree … dumb but you can add Nico’s name to that of AJ Suggs (vs LSU?) and Joe Milton (vs ???) as making bone headed plays with time expired and a chance to score. Geesh!

VN Store

Back