Vegas "Expert" who Picked Arkie, says

JohnWardForever

Posting this upon request from a fellow VFL....
TENNESSEE over Florida by 8

It seems every game is a crossroads affair for Beleaguered Billy Napier
at UF. The Gators held off UCF to reach 3-2 for the season, but the trip
to Knoxville starts a career defi ning stretch for Napier. After UT comes
Kentucky, Georgia, Texas, LSU and Ole Miss. One thing Gators fans
have come to expect is playing an underachieving Volunteers team
that is loaded with hype and gets taken down nearly every time. UF
is 6-1 SUATS in the last seven of this series, 5-0-1 ATS on the road
versus single conference revenge and in Game Six, they are 5-1 ATS.
Neyland Stadium is one of the sports truly great homes, but the Vols
don’t always thrill their faithful in person, going a mediocre 4-10 ATS
as a conference favorite of 13 or greater. Pass protection has become a
serious problem, with QB Nico Iamaleava sacked seven times in the last
two games. Vols coach Josh Heupel admitted he and his staff should
have done better in the Arkansas game and the Razorbacks defense
had Tennessee confused. We’re much more clearheaded about the
Vols bubble being burst. We will learn much about both teams come
Saturday night.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way I'd take us to cover in this game.

In years past there have been plenty of times i thought we either could or should win. After watching this team Saturday night, I can honestly say I have no clue what is gonna happen Satuday. And what's sad is it has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad UF is. That alone should make me feel confident, but it doesn't.

History tells us we will likely lose. Hopefully times are changing but I just can't feel good about this game until we win a few in a row against them.

Kinda wordy. Easier to just say "2 wins in 20 years. It's a loss til it ain't. "

I found it a very interesting read, and Lawrence is a VG writer. But, reading has become a lost art anymore in this hurry up world; and all this info is relevant for those contemplating a wager on the game.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way I'd take us to cover in this game.

In years past there have been plenty of times i thought we either could or should win. After watching this team Saturday night, I can honestly say I have no clue what is gonna happen Satuday. And what's sad is it has absolutely nothing to do with how good or bad UF is. That alone should make me feel confident, but it doesn't.

History tells us we will likely lose. Hopefully times are changing but I just can't feel good about this game until we win a few in a row against them.

Agree, don't bet on sports but if the line is still 15.5 TN, I would be betting on UF to cover that but not win.

Last edited:
I remember a few weeks ago when we hadn't won a road game against a top 15 opponent since 2006. History is not relevant to this team.

At some point people will realize this team is different. That stumble in Fayetteville doesn't change this team's trajectory. This is a championship caliber team. They'll handle business the way championship teams do this Saturday.

I'm sure it's exactly how UK fans feel when they play us. They've gotten a few W's in the last few decades, but even when they supposedly have a better team and things are looking up for them, more often than not, we come out with the W.

It's a real thing. I despise UF more than any other school we play, and it sickens me to think we've only beat them like 6-7 times since they joined the SEC 34 years ago. Many of those years we had the better team.

Huh? That was a "sports version" word salad (Apparently for some today it's a sign of intelligence :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️) . Maybe gamblers understand it IDK. He seemed to reverse course 3-4 times. Now granted...it could be my public-school education kicking in as well.

Lawrence just covers all angles & Trends. It is a lot to absorb especially for those like me with ADD. NOW--- I just re read it, and actually Lawrence didn't reverse course. He listed the gators record ATS vs the Vols & the VOLS record ATS vs the Gators. Then picked a game winner & spread winner. Pretty thorough.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I remember a few weeks ago when we hadn't won a road game against a top 15 opponent since 2006. History is not relevant to this team.

At some point people will realize this team is different. That stumble in Fayetteville doesn't change this team's trajectory. This is a championship caliber team. They'll handle business the way championship teams do this Saturday.
I don’t disagree but this team needs to show us Saturday. Last weekend was a major bummer. We honestly should’ve lost by more than 5 but our defense held Arkansas in the red zone multiple times.

I think our defense will give us a chance in every game, but our offense has to play better. I would like to think this team is still championship caliber but if that’s the case, we should win by +20 at home. I know Florida has been a bugaboo but we need to go out there and dominate.

Lawrence just covers all angles & Trends. It is a lot to absorb especially for those like me with ADD. NOW--- I just re read it, and actually Lawrence didn't reverse course. He listed the gators record ATS vs the Vols & the VOLS record ATS vs the Gators. Then picked a game winner & spread winner. Pretty thorough.
I gets confused when the “spread” comes into the equation. Win or lose…that’s pretty much my limit to understanding the game. I do, however, recognize the “ATS” proclivity for some fans. I’d be a nauseous vermin viewing a contest if I had $1 riding on the game.

I found it a very interesting read, and Lawrence is a VG writer. But, reading has become a lost art anymore in this hurry up world; and all this info is relevant for those contemplating a wager on the game.
Reading a lost art? How about spelling out VG? Very good, Vol - Gator, vacuum ground

Apologies. Guess I was being a bit of a smart butt, and I don't gamble so I don't view things from that perspective. Guess over the decades I've become jaded. These sorts of teams, games and losing streaks have been going on for a long time. We lose to Florida and Bama. Now you can add UGA to the mix. Same discussions. Same complaints. Different generations. Nothing really changes. We'll have a occasional flash like '98 and '22, but for the most part the season goes pretty much the same way.

Posting this upon request from a fellow VFL....
TENNESSEE over Florida by 8

It seems every game is a crossroads affair for Beleaguered Billy Napier
at UF. The Gators held off UCF to reach 3-2 for the season, but the trip
to Knoxville starts a career defi ning stretch for Napier. After UT comes
Kentucky, Georgia, Texas, LSU and Ole Miss. One thing Gators fans
have come to expect is playing an underachieving Volunteers team
that is loaded with hype and gets taken down nearly every time. UF
is 6-1 SUATS in the last seven of this series, 5-0-1 ATS on the road
versus single conference revenge and in Game Six, they are 5-1 ATS.
Neyland Stadium is one of the sports truly great homes, but the Vols
don’t always thrill their faithful in person, going a mediocre 4-10 ATS
as a conference favorite of 13 or greater. Pass protection has become a
serious problem, with QB Nico Iamaleava sacked seven times in the last
two games. Vols coach Josh Heupel admitted he and his staff should
have done better in the Arkansas game and the Razorbacks defense
had Tennessee confused. We’re much more clearheaded about the
Vols bubble being burst. We will learn much about both teams come
Saturday night.
I don't believe we beat Florida................sorry but just being honest. Watching right now the replay on tv of Florida and UCF. Florida is much improved . Florida will shut down our only productive play, Sampson up the middle.

I don't believe we beat Florida................sorry but just being honest. Watching right now the replay on tv of Florida and UCF. Florida is much improved . Florida will shut down our only productive play, Sampson up the middle.
Well, that’s depressing as all hell and I just lived thru two f##king hurricanes 🌀.

Just win.....our fan base will go completely dumpster fire if we lose three in a row with two of those at home. We are better than we were but, we are not Championship caliber with a young QB and a so-so offensive line. I hope a lot of film review and "Mea culpas" regarding the mistakes, penalties, and just dumb plays last week. We can win...especially at home....the question is "will we?"

Last edited:
Welp, let's see if Heupel is the offensive genius everyone says he is. He's faced a variation of this defense many times now. Gonna keep seeing it until he forces teams to stop using it by beating it. And we're not the only team facing 3 man fronts. Surely there's tape out there of teams who've found and exploited this defense. Saturday will be very informative.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I gets confused when the “spread” comes into the equation. Win or lose…that’s pretty much my limit to understanding the game. I do, however, recognize the “ATS” proclivity for some fans. I’d be a nauseous vermin viewing a contest if I had $1 riding on the game.
I never bet on or against UT, the game itself is enough drama, and I never watch a game I bet. Too much anxiety.

VN Store

Back