Do our Tackles have a short hook Saturday?

Just wondering if Heard and Campbell start out playing poorly again, will Elarbee and Heupel quickly bring in Johnson and Davis or just stick it out with the starters.
I think Campbell will get some relief due to the situation with his knees.
Heard is either:
A. Not in football shape
B. Still injured
C. Flat out lazy
D. Some combination of the three

Either way, this home stretch would be the time to make a change at LT if you're going to do it. His play at LT is a liability regardless of the reason.

Heard is either:
A. Not in football shape
B. Still injured
C. Flat out lazy

Either way, this home stretch would be the time to make a change at LT if you're going to do it. His play at LT is a liability regardless of the reason.
If effort is an issue After last weeks performance then these guys have bigger issues and they can hit the portal. They have a great opportunity to go out and shut everyone up. I really hope they do

Just wondering if Heard and Campbell start out playing poorly again, will Elarbee and Heupel quickly bring in Johnson and Davis or just stick it out with the starters.

For who? If we had better options they would be playing and the backups didnt acquit themselves well vs Oklahoma. I dont think there are any magical cures this season just have to scheme around it as best as possible and make due.

Heard is either:
A. Not in football shape
B. Still injured
C. Flat out lazy

I'm gonna go with D.

Why not move Heard to the right tackle position and put Campbell back at the left tackle position? That's where he played last season, so I would think he knows the scheme from there.
Bc Campbell is playing with an injury. Moving him to a position that makes him even more a liability wouldn’t help.

Heard is either:
A. Not in football shape
B. Still injured
C. Flat out lazy

The Heard thing baffles me. At first I thought he might have the dreaded high ankle sprain that was really affecting his performance.
Now I don’t know what to think.

Reactions: VAVol85
I’m not being rude when I pose this question, however I am being blunt. Does it, or would it matter? Would you expect Davis to all the sudden perform better than he did a few weeks ago? He was getting manhandled when Heard was out. Doesn’t matter who we put in on the o line. We are going to struggle.
That’s sadly true. It just still boggles the mind that in CJH 4th year that we don’t have more talent in the oline. It’s so frustrating. Because I think there’s enuf talent everywhere else on offense and on defense to make this a playoff team.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Heard is either:
A. Not in football shape
B. Still injured
C. Flat out lazy

He isn’t in football shape and lacks motivation to give 100% every play.

The Heard thing baffles me. At first I thought he might have the dreaded high ankle sprain that was really affecting his performance.
Now I don’t know what to think.
I think Heuple thought he was getting a diamond in the rough that's turned out to be zirconium. We got conned on Heard.

That’s sadly true. It just still boggles the mind that in CJH 4th year that we don’t have more talent in the oline. It’s so frustrating. Because I think there’s enuf talent everywhere else on offense and on defense to make this a playoff team.

Starting to feel more like a development issue to me as opposed to talent. Which might be even worse.

I think Heuple thought he was getting a diamond in the rough that's turned out to be zirconium. We got conned on Heard.
Wasn’t really that scenario we paid heavy to get him. If we hadn’t another team would have paid heavy to get him. It wasn’t a cheap pickup like a diamond in the rough. It was thought he was one of the highest potential guys in the portal. Definitely agree it hasn’t worked out for us. He was viewed by a lot of rating services as a top 30ish tackle in the country.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Wasn’t really that scenario we paid heavy to get him. If we hadn’t another team would have paid heavy to get him. It wasn’t a cheap pickup like a diamond in the rough. It was thought he was one of the highest potential guys in the portal. Definitely agree it hasn’t worked out for us. He was viewed by a lot of rating services as a top 30ish tackle in the country.
And had he gone to one of our rivals he’d be All American…damn Vol luck.

Reactions: Clad in Big Orange

VN Store

Back