I don't get the confidence in Tennessee beating Florida

ConantheVolbarian

What is best in life? Winning by fiddy!
Even the Sports Animal people are confident Tennessee beats Florida and most of them are notorious negavols. And my question is why? The lead-up to this game feels very much like most of the Florida games the last 20 years. We are reeling from a bad loss and our o-line is looking very suspect. The sugar on top is our young QB appears to be going through growing pains and is dealing with shaky confidence from some mistakes and getting hit a lot in SEC play.so far. I don't feel good about this game at all.. I hope I'm wrong.

You being optimistic is natural. It's called being a Vols fan. We've been bitten by reality more times than not after buying into false hope. Truth is, our Oline hasn't played like that and our QB hasn't been that bad. It's one game and not an indicator of what this team can do. Plus, night time Neyland is another animal and quite frankly, Florida sucks.

Reactions: Ernie McCracken
Had we boat raced Arkansas I still wouldn't feel good about this game. Why? Because it's UF. and over the last 20 years we have not played them well. It doesn't matter how good we are or how bad they are. I will be surprised if we win this game. And I will keep saying this until we reel off 3 or 4 in a row against them. Just the way it is.

Even the Sports Animal people are confident Tennessee beats Florida and most of them are notorious negavols. And my question is why? The lead-up to this game feels very much like most of the Florida games the last 20 years. We are reeling from a bad loss and our o-line is looking very suspect. The sugar on top is our young QB appears to be going through growing pains and is dealing with shaky confidence from some mistakes and getting hit a lot in SEC play.so far. I don't feel good about this game at all.. I hope I'm wrong.
I never feel good about playing Florida. Every year it I dread it because more often than not we do not look great while UF looks like they can beat anybody.

I don't see how any Vol fan can feel confident about it based our track record against them with multiple coaches. Us being the better team is not an advantage in this series. Just cautiously optimistic.

Because the past has nothing to do with this game.

Time to move on.

Remember what happened the year before last, in Neyland? We're in Neyland again this Saturday.

Also, our program is on the rise, has been for the last few years, while Florida's has degraded and bumped along near the bottom.

Those are the main two reasons I'm confident we're gonna whup Gator butt.

Go Vols!

Reactions: sami
You don't get it. But, you know, some of us don't know how to surrender to hopelessness, even when we're down and out. We just got faith of the heart.

You see, some of us Vols fans, like Benjamin Grimm, just don't know how to stay down. We're champions, and we know it. Gators and everybody else be dayumed.
1728670653007.png

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Re the UT vs UF series;
i have always believed that when we were good, they were better.
When they were bad, we were worse.
If SOS had Peyton Manning and Jamal Lewis in the same backfield, he would have never lost a game.

I have ZERO confidence saturday. I said in my score prediction that i think we lose. Until Heupel can prove he can scheme around the 3-3-5 and the mediocre oline play. We are in trouble.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I felt pretty good till the last two outings. Just feels like underachieving is the new m.o. at this particular juncture. It seems like they're not feeling it, I like to see them getting cranked up and getting each other siked. Hopefully they get fired up and whoop the hell outta floriduh. GBDO

You don't get it. But, you know, some of us don't know how to surrender to hopelessness, even when we're down and out. We just got faith of the heart.

You see, some of us Vols fans, like Benjamin Grimm, just don't know how to stay down. We're champions, and we know it. Gators and everybody else be dayumed.
View attachment 685847

Great comic

Remember what happened the year before last, in Neyland? We're in Neyland again this Saturday.

Also, our program is on the rise, has been for the last few years, while Florida's has degraded and bumped along near the bottom.

Those are the main two reasons I'm confident we're gonna whup Gator butt.

Go Vols!
I was at that game 2 years ago, Florida was one hail Mary from winning that game. I will there tomorrow, hopefully we can play Much better than last week and win. If not we're in trouble. Go Vols

VN Store

Back