The most important thing that has to happen offensively tomorrow .....

sami

.... is to avoid the stupid killer penalties. False start, motion, illegal man downfield (even though that was a bullschiit call) - those kinds of penalties had us behind the sticks all night long last week, making the offense predictable and increasing the pressure on a struggling offensive line. I would include holding, but that can be called on virtually any play, I'm talking more about the dead ball calls and basic fundamentals. And I won't even mention the idiotic running into the kicker penalty that I thought was the turning point last week.

Heupel's offense is predicated on staying ahead of the sticks, creating positive down and distance situations where the playbook can be opened up, the defense is on its heels, and the fast pace comes into its own. 2nd and short and 3rd and short are downs where the defense can't pin its ears back the way Arkansas was all night last week, so pass pro will be better and more downfield shots will be there.

If we can avoid those penalties and create positive first down plays and keep the building rocking, we will roll the Gators tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Agreed. When these things happen it feels like Heupel gives up on the drive. Run. Screen. Punt.

VN Store

Back