4th&1 from our own 10 in the 2nd qtr

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Gutsy call? Desperate? Unnecessary?

Ultimately it didn't cost or gain us much but I was shocked. Glad it worked but not sure I liked it much at the time

Reactions: malinoisvol
Foolish. Fail that attempt, UF shoves it in for a TD and we are in deep trouble. No way the situation was that desperate at that point.
It's only foolish if it fails. The only foolish thing I saw tonight was from Billy not going for two. They had the momentum, you go for the win.

Ultimately it didn't cost or gain us much but I was shocked. Glad it worked but not sure I liked it much at the time
Big balls. That play will pay dividends down the road. The team will remember coach believes in them. Those calls are priceless down the road if they work.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
It was a desperate attempt to wake up the OLine. Up until that point in the game, the OL was a major part of the reason for why the offense was struggling. There were unnecessary holding penalties on Nico rollouts. We weren't getting much push in the rushing game. Nico had been sacked multiple times. We were losing the field position and time of possession battles. So, Heupel was trying to send the message that we needed those guys to step up.

Personally, I think it was necessary. Maybe it didn't change much that drive, but the OL had a much better 2nd half performance.

I think our defense was exhausted at the time. We needed something on offense. If we punted idk that Florida doesn’t score still.

You’re only an idiot if you don’t get the first down. 😂

Defense was on the ropes and the writing was on the wall that if we punt, Florida likely scores. We couldn’t afford a 3 & out. Normally I’d say it was stupid but given the circumstances I think it was a necessary risk.
Yeah it was probably a dumb call most of the time but situationally i understand why he went

VN Store

Back