On a positive note

Defense plays lights out!
Who would have guessed that the offense would be the side of the ball that is killing me?
Here’s hoping for a complete game against Bama.
Go Vols!

Reactions: #1n51&98
Who would have guessed that the offense would be the side of the ball that is killing me?
Go Vols!
The run game is good also , it's just the passing game and lack of creative play calling . On the rare occasion when the OL gives Nico a clean pocket and we happen to have a receiver get separation, Nico seems to be a second or two late delivering the ball .

Go Vols!
I don't think that's gonna happen, but Bama looks a bit flawed also.

The run game is good also , it's just the passing game and lack of creative play calling . On the rare occasion when the OL gives Nico a clean pocket and we happen to have a receiver get separation, Nico seems to be a second or two late delivering the ball .
Definitely part play calling. It's either basic jr high run up the middle on second and long or we throw low percentage bombs.

No one would accuse the OL of being good at this point, but putting up the rushing numbers they have is amazing. Having Sampson helps too. Gotta wonder what it's look like if they were actually good.

Nico is just off. He needs a second. The OL can't give him the time, and he can't take advantage of it when he gets it. He missed SEVERAL opportunities today, all on him. He's just long, short, late, tipped, high, behind or too far in front. I literally saw all of that today, some more than once.

We have a 1 game win streak , against one of our most hated rivals and we have won 2 out of the last 3 against them .
The last couple games have not been pretty , but we are still in the thick of the first ever 12 team CFP
Another positive note, which the SEC can thank us for, is we gave UF a reason not to fire their coach. Nice OT loss to top 10 team keeps them just good enough. WELL DONE !

Definitely part play calling. It's either basic jr high run up the middle on second and long or we throw low percentage bombs.
Undisciplined penalties put us behind the sticks , kills drives and changes the way the game is called .

VN Store

Back