Halftime adjustments

cherokeeeVOL

Here’s a quote from Manning from a while back that surprised me: “I don't think I made a halftime adjustment in my entire 18-year career. I think that's the biggest myth in football: the halftime adjustments".

That being said we definitely looked different in the second half last night in a good way. Nico rolling out was something I don’t recall seeing in the first 5 games or in the first half and the O-line looked better.

Does anyone know if they changed out linemen or was it still the same guys but just blocking better? Did they bring in Johnson? I was so on edge I didn’t check the numbers much lol.

At one point during the first half I honestly thought we’d be better off as a triple option team on offense.

Reactions: theFallGuy
The blocking got a bit better, but after your qb has been hit/sacked a few times the damage is done. The timing gets screwed up bc your qb is having to have his head on a swivel, even worse on a young qb.

In our system it is even worse...you have recievers running option routes, so the qb has to make a read on the fly to see what route the wr is breaking into. To the average fan, thats when it looks like he is starring down his receiver. All this has to happen in a couple seconds...a .25 second hesitation getting your feet set bc you dont trust the blocks is forever in this system.

All of this is expected somewhat...just part of it. What raised alarm bells for me was the tackles forgetting how to block on a roll out, and general carefree attitude on some plays. Oline coach should be afraid to show his face in knoxville.

All just my opinion without watching film or anything.

Reactions: theFallGuy

VN Store

Back