Happy man.

Brucifer13

ALL VOL for 45 years. WGWTFA!
One of the announcers of the game last night hit it on the nail for me. Ask the old timers who our true rival is and you'll undoubtedly hear Alabama. For me, it's been Florida. In the past, this game was monumental and was a make or break for both teams. I don't live in the past, but the 90s and early 2000s cemented my disdain for Florida. For those with short term memories of the Dooley, Butch and Pruitt years, we would relish this win during those years. I'll take 2 out of 3 victories against Florida all day, especially with the the parity created by the transfer portal. That's not settling for mediocrity, those are victories over a team that has owned our ass. With BVS being a real phenomenon, I've learned to temper my expectations. Of course I want our Vols to win every time they step foot on the field. "Ugly" wins go in the left column just as an FCS blowout does.

It seems a lot of our fanbase loses sight of this and will throw in the towel if their expectations are not met. 2022 spoiled us. It's similar to my 15 y/o son. After the Nico fumble, he immediately stated "I expected our season to go better than this." Of course we all do but for phucs sake, we are 5-1 and and ranked in the top ten. After watching a few of our teams quit on lesser coaching staffs, I for one am pleased with the trajectory Heupel has us on. "Vanilla" play calling, "ugly" wins or losses...whatever the complaint department wants to bitch about this week, Heupel has us BACK in the national conversation. Given this new era in college football and it's improved competitive nature, ANYTHING can happen on any given Saturday. The age of dynasties is over.

With my son and wife being born in North Carolina, I often tease them for being born Tardevils. My son will retort "but dad, being a Volunteer is in my blood." You're damn right it is young man. My wife married into this and is blown away by the love and unwavering passion we as a fanbase have for our Vols. She has become dyed-in-the-wool and undauntedly reps the Vols. It's who we are! She often tells people "You need to find a man who is a Tennessee Vols fan...they are forever loyal."

I know I'm rambling y'all but I guess what I'm saying is let's enjoy the ride and appreciate the greatest sport there is. It's great to be a Tennessee Vol and PHUC Florida. I am truly a happy man. GBO!

Last edited:
+my ramble

Great win last night! Great to get the win at least! Not a ton of highlights, but got the highlights that count. Like Dylan Sampson being mammoth, and defense playing lights out in the red zone!!!

First time, I have ever watched the Vols beat Florida on a new TV of mine.

Neyland was packed and rocking in the 4th quarter.

Get your cigars ready men!!! It is Alabama week, we are ready to play.

Reactions: Brucifer13
We are not so far removed from horrible football where we historically would have lost that game…sitting at 5-1 with all goals still achievable is better than most. We are flawed and probably a top 15-20 team 9-3ish feel. If we get offense going, maybe 10-2, if not 8-4 is possible. We are in the “big middle” of SEC. Winning close games in new sec, no matter how, will be the difference between 10-2 and 8-4.

Reactions: Brucifer13

VN Store

Back