Does Dylan Sampson Go To The NFL In 2025?

I would say it's a near certainty. The way the NFL views RBs, it's best to start the clock on your rookie contract as soon as possible in hopes to get that 2nd contract.

Chances are he is going to be around a 3rd rd pick making around 1 mil a year on his rookie deal. He doesn't stand much to gain by staying. RBs rarely are given a 1st rd projection, and if so, its becuase they have some sort of physical trait that makes them freakish. Staying in college and padding stats might make Sampson a 2nd rounder, but you risk injury and are a year behind the clock. That and NIL would have to pay him close to an NFL salary, which for a RB, isn't happening.

So, yes, even if he loves Knoxville and his heart wants to stay, I think he will be councilled to declare.

I think he's gone.

Which begs the question, who is next man up? Bishop is a great complimentary back to Sampson but I don't see him bing an every down kind of guy. Seldon is injury prone. Keith is a short yardage guy. That pretty much leaves Lewis.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Hate to see him leave but happy to see him go. He has been an absolute warrior and leader for us, but long-term the man needs to get paid ASAP. He will test incredibly well, has two above average moves with his jump cut and the spin through contact, has a good frame, and has zero character issues.

God bless the young man. He is the best we have had in a long time. I am rooting for him.

I think he's gone.

Which begs the question, who is next man up? Bishop is a great complimentary back to Sampson but I don't see him bing an every down kind of guy. Seldon is injury prone. Keith is a short yardage guy. That pretty much leaves Lewis.

Pretty sure similar things were said about Sampson the last couple of years.

Reactions: KTrain

VN Store

Back