Are we getting any players back for the Bama game?

Hopefully Squirrel and Bru are more recovered from their injuries

it will be the off season before they recover. you don't recover by practicing and playing. They would need to be sitting to recover and not playing. They may improve a little each week but as we saw with White, hitting the ground or getting hit is going to hurt him from time to time.

Was really surprising to me that McCoy played when it is obvious he can't catch the ball. Anxious to see if they do something different this week, like play someone else more in his place.

Reactions: JacketVol
it will be the off season before they recover. you don't recover by practicing and playing. They would need to be sitting to recover and not playing. They may improve a little each week but as we saw with White, hitting the ground or getting hit is going to hurt him from time to time.

Was really surprising to me that McCoy played when it is obvious he can't catch the ball. Anxious to see if they do something different this week, like play someone else more in his place.
How bad is McCoy’s hand ?

Why aren't we seeing more of Mike Matthews? He seems to have amazing hands an catching ability from what little we've seen of him.

Why aren't we seeing more of Mike Matthews? He seems to have amazing hands an catching ability from what little we've seen of him.
My guess is he sucks at route running (just speculation) and needs time to develop. This is why we use him on punt returns but not on offense.

I just hope we see creativity on offense. It’s been broken, try different things. Go down throwing haymakers - not being scared your young QB makes a mistake. Where’s the TE/RB wheel routes? Rollout Nico to get him out of the pocket. Keep them guessing.

Reactions: Rocky Top T

missed most of August camp and first week or two of season recovering from hamstring so he is very limited with knowledge on what to do. Its very difficult to catch up for young players when you miss camp like that and can't learn. They are getting him in (14 snaps at Arky and 13 versus Florida) which is to see where he is in his learning but still seems very limited.

Reactions: JacketVol
What about Seldon? And Squirrel?

Seldon missed a lot of camp still recovering from shoulder. He got behind Sampson / Bishop and has not been able to over take them. They really like where those two are in the run game.

White played 33 snaps versus Florida and had to come out twice when he aggravated his shoulder. That will likely continue this week, playing as much as he can.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
If Nico could hit Squirrel in stride for once he wouldn't have to care about his shoulder. Just run it for a TD.
One of the missed deep balls to Squirrel was right in front of me. It was honestly about perfect. Squirrel may have misjudged it or been unable to adjust to it due to injury. Nico also hit Nimrod in stride at the end of the game but it was dropped. It would probably have gone for 6

LWSVOL - what are we seeing with Heard?
Dealing with injury? Out of shape? Lack of effort/poor technique?

It's hard to believe we don't have a single OT who can play at a higher level than what we've seen from him this year

My guess is he sucks at route running (just speculation) and needs time to develop. This is why we use him on punt returns but not on offense.
Bad guess. He was injured in preseason and did not even dress out until the second game I think. He has shown he can catch the ball in traffic and has really good speed. He may be having problems in understanding the offense or blocking, but he catches balls and can get yards after the catch. He is true 5* player and we need to find a way to get him in the mix or he will be a star somewhere else.

CJH has never used a deep rotation at wide receiver. You have the 3 starters and usually 2 more. When you have the late start MM has had it is hard to move up in the rotation. Also hard to learn the system sitting on the bench.

I just hope we see creativity on offense. It’s been broken, try different things. Go down throwing haymakers - not being scared your young QB makes a mistake. Where’s the TE/RB wheel routes? Rollout Nico to get him out of the pocket. Keep them guessing.
I was yelling at the tv the entire second half of the Florida game to get him out of the pocket. The one possession they did, it was the best possession and we scored. Never went back to it.

VN Store

Back