4⭐️ Bishop Boswell commits to Tennessee

Bishop Boswell says he, simply, is doing his job as the Myers Park point guard. “I’ve always kind of been able to see the court pretty well,” Boswell said. “It doesn’t happen unless these guys get open and...are ready for it.”

...Myers Park earned wins against Garner (66-38) and Millbrook (80-46) for the chance at another inaugural championship per the leadership of the 6-foot-4 Boswell and his 6-foot-6 backcourt mate Sir Mohammed. The sizeable guards have signed with Tennessee and Notre Dame, respectively. Boswell had 15 and 14 points...in the Mustangs’ first two invitational games. The ambidextrous Boswell passed for four and six assists, respectively.

Bishop Boswell, Sir Mohammed have Myers Park pursuing first John Wall tourney title

Bishop Boswell says he, simply, is doing his job as the Myers Park point guard. “I’ve always kind of been able to see the court pretty well,” Boswell said. “It doesn’t happen unless these guys get open and...are ready for it.”

...Myers Park earned wins against Garner (66-38) and Millbrook (80-46) for the chance at another inaugural championship per the leadership of the 6-foot-4 Boswell and his 6-foot-6 backcourt mate Sir Mohammed. The sizeable guards have signed with Tennessee and Notre Dame, respectively. Boswell had 15 and 14 points...in the Mustangs’ first two invitational games. The ambidextrous Boswell passed for four and six assists, respectively.

Bishop Boswell, Sir Mohammed have Myers Park pursuing first John Wall tourney title
The article says “ambidextrous,” so I’m curious as to what that means. Obviously, using Aidoo as an example, there could be lots of ambidextrous college players who can use either hand closer to the rim. However, I don’t think I’ve seen this term to describe a player this way. Does that mean he can shoot longer range shots with either hand, or not?

The article says “ambidextrous,” so I’m curious as to what that means. Obviously, using Aidoo as an example, there could be lots of ambidextrous college players who can use either hand closer to the rim. However, I don’t think I’ve seen this term to describe a player this way. Does that mean he can shoot longer range shots with either hand, or not?
Man, the best I ever saw do that was Larry Bird. There's a great video on Youtube that Bill Walton starts it off by saying Larry walks into the locker room and tells all the players since this is the last game of the road trip, he's going play the whole game shooting lefty. I think he ended up with 41 points and it's amazing. I actually hated Bird when he played, being a Pistons fan and losing 3 straight conference finals series to Boston. But now, I appreciate and like Bird so much more. Still, I doubt Boswell can shoot it like Bird, but it would be nice

"Combo guard". Is the true point guard becoming an unnecessary position? Do teams need a true point guard?

"Combo guard". Is the true point guard becoming an unnecessary position? Do teams need a true point guard?

Not like they used to. I liked BB better when a great PG would dish out assists, dissect defenses, run the offense - basically be the quarterback. That traditional position is becoming obsolete with the switching defenses.

I wonder what is causing his 3-point and FT percentage to drop his senior year. Regardless, I’m glad the young man chose UT! Now we need 4 more high quality players and we will be ready to roll!

Are you kidding? His numbers are concerning. It's not the absolutes but some of the percentages. He is a PG but he only shot 61% from the FT line his senior year.

My, do different fans of programs have different expectations of "top" recruits.

Are you kidding? His numbers are concerning. It's not the absolutes but some of the percentages. He is a PG but he only shot 61% from the FT line his senior year.

My, do different fans of programs have different expectations of "top" recruits.
This year is different, as I noted, but are you really not wanting a 4-star kid because of his high school FT percentage? You do you but I’m still excited to have him.

The shooting splits and AST/TO ratio is not great looking
Something definitely seems to have changed his Sr year but there’s no way for us to know what and I trust our coaches so I’m sure they’re on it.

The shooting splits and AST/TO ratio is not great looking
His numbers don't look spectacular, but he's reported to have great vision and passing. Suspect he's also pretty good on defense. My first choice is to get a guy like Mack with multiple years left to spell ZZ this year then take over full time when ZZ leaves allowing Boswell time to come along slowly. If not, I hope he's at least capable of giving us at least 5 minutes a night. If ZZ goes down and we have to turn to Gainey and Mashack....oof. That wouldn't be ideal.

This year is different, as I noted, but are you really not wanting a 4-star kid because of his high school FT percentage? You do you but I’m still excited to have him.

You want your PG to be a good FT shooter. It's a fundamental. It's also a sign of the overall positives and negatives at the PG position.

I think he will impress enough to be given adequate playing time from game 1. His potential to spell ZZ at PG could be huge too. He played quite often with Chandler as a freshman on the wing

VN Store

Back