Baseball Tix question

Peyton_ManThing

Purchased some tix for an upcoming game. When purchased online the tickets said “Zone Left Field.” However, when the tickets were transferred to my account they then said General Admission “Standing Room Only.” My question is since I was duped… how is the standing room only section? Is it likely we would be able to find some seats once game had started or would we need to plan on definitely standing?

Where did you buy these, this is not the first I’ve heard about SRO confusion.
I was on stubhub. There were tickets on their labeled GA or under details showed SRO section. I specifically picked the tickets I did bc it said left field zone and had nothing about SRO under the details. On the map of the field I didn’t see any SRO section along left field so I figured my tix were definitely going to have seats.

I was on stubhub. There were tickets on their labeled GA or under details showed SRO section. I specifically picked the tickets I did bc it said left field zone and had nothing about SRO under the details. On the map of the field I didn’t see any SRO section along left field so I figured my tix were definitely going to have seats.

Yeah, I had a bad experience with Stubhub two years ago during the super regionals. It appears they allow sellers freedom to post their tickets with the correct info/ticket type, and if the seller posts this incorrectly, they are unfortunately not helpful.

Yeah, I had a bad experience with Stubhub two years ago during the super regionals. It appears they allow sellers freedom to post their tickets with the correct info/ticket type, and if the seller posts this incorrectly, they are unfortunately not helpful.
Yep seems about right. Probably just try to resale for cheap (correctly listed) and then just fork up twice as much for some seats.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yep seems about right. Probably just try to resale for cheap (correctly listed) and then just fork up twice as much for some seats.

I did end up getting a refund, but I had to call several days in a row, wait on hold, and raise hell. They promised me that I’d get the correct ticket, but I never did.

Last edited:
That sux.

Yep, we purchased a full session pass to the super regional against Notre Dame, but the seller only provided tickets to game 1. After the dust settled, we ended up picking up tickets separately to game 3, so we only got to go to the games we lost. 😣

Reactions: vol66
Yep, we purchased a full session pass to the super regional against Notre Dame, but the seller only provided tickets to game 1. After the dust settled, we ended up picking up tickets separately to game 3, so we only got to go to the games we lost. 😣

Ugh. Rough. I know what I’m about to post might rub some the wrong way, that’s okay. I’m just not going the secondary market route to go to a baseball game. I’m not naive, I know we have some scalpers in the for Sale or free thread.

But, by and large the majority posting tickets are well intentioned. It was one thing back when being televised was iffy at best or non existent, those days are over thank goodness.

GBO!!!

Ugh. Rough. I know what I’m about to post might rub some the wrong way, that’s okay. I’m just not going the secondary market route to go to a baseball game. I’m not naive, I know we have some scalpers in the for Sale or free thread.

But, by and large the majority posting tickets are well intentioned. It was one thing back when being televised was iffy at best or non existent, those days are over thank goodness.

GBO!!!

Yeah, I hear you, but going to a super regional is a unique opportunity

Reactions: vol66
Purchased some tix for an upcoming game. When purchased online the tickets said “Zone Left Field.” However, when the tickets were transferred to my account they then said General Admission “Standing Room Only.” My question is since I was duped… how is the standing room only section? Is it likely we would be able to find some seats once game had started or would we need to plan on definitely standing?
I would contact Stubhub and say your tickets were not what you bought, cause they aren’t.

There are tickets clearly labeled SRO for sale, and when listing tickets for sale you can easily select Standing Room Only as a section.

I’ve noticed the tickets labeled “Left Field” with no seat or section and wondered what they were.

Maybe I am missing something here …. but you were given standing room only tickets and that’s not how the tickets you bought were listed. Having dealt with Stub Hub ….they should put this back on the seller. Good luck and enjoy the game.

Reactions: Peyton_ManThing
I would contact Stubhub and say your tickets were not what you bought, cause they aren’t.

There are tickets clearly labeled SRO for sale, and when listing tickets for sale you can easily select Standing Room Only as a section.

I’ve noticed the tickets labeled “Left Field” with no seat or section and wondered what they were.

Maybe I am missing something here …. but you were given standing room only tickets and that’s not how the tickets you bought were listed. Having dealt with Stub Hub ….they should put this back on the seller. Good luck and enjoy the game.
I think it is safe to say we now know what "Left Field" with no seat or section is.

VN Store

Back