Do We Got A Throwback Player?

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Not sure if already posted. Anyway, Colorado has/had Travis Hunter, an old time type player who played on both sides of the team. There were once guys like - Chuck Bednarik, Gordie Lockbaum, Bronko Nagurski, and Jim Thorpe. Do we have a throwback in Boo Carter?

Not sure if already posted. Anyway, Colorado has/had Travis Hunter, an old time type player who played on both sides of the team. There were once guys like - Chuck Bednarik, Gordie Lockbaum, Bronko Nagurski, and Jim Thorpe. Do we have a throwback in Boo Carter?
I would welcome a Pickens redo in ORANGE. Maybe with a little better attitude.

He is, but I don’t think he I’ll be there that for Tennessee.
Mainly just a DB and RET.

Reactions: VolBricks
He is, but I don’t think he I’ll be there that for Tennessee.
Mainly just a DB and RET.
Most likely, you're right. BUT, I would be surprised if Heup & Co. explore this option. I hope they do because it would just be one more hype media attention for the UT. And quite possibly a lure for recruits who perceive us as being DIFFERENT and more FUN to play for than other schools. Add that to the Heup culture, and we might bury Bama and everybody else when it comes to recruits. Just imagine us using Boo this way, him making it work, then a Vols recruiting brochure featuring Boo in a retro leather helmet and uniform. With the heading that says, The new way to play the old way. Or something like that. Oh, don't mind me. I have this wild imagination that makes even me ask, "WTH is wrong with you!?"

Bo Carter may play some offense before he leaves. The challenge there is Heupel’s offense goes so fast it’s difficult to make changes for a play or two without slowing down. A part time offensive player may not know what to do exactly after a couple of set plays. A lot of reading on the run in this offense.

When I opened this, I assumed it was a player or players that we just didn't want to keep so we were gonna throw 'em back. I was gonna say last years secondary, but we kinda already took care of that.

Reactions: KHVol
Boo may have the ability to play both sides; but the reality of current football makes in improbable IMHO.
With NIL and the transfer portal, playing time is the coin of the realm and taking minutes away from an offensive skill player just causes disgruntlement and risks losing talent you can’t afford to lose because you need depth.
Just my two cents…..

Prime wore Hunter out playing him both ways. Boo doesn’t need that, and we’re not desperate like Colorado.

I like the leather helmet brochure thing though. 😂

He will be a hell of a returner and safety, but we are pretty stacked at WR right now, not to mention Seldon will catch a lot of balls out of the backfield when he gets back.

Boo can play either side 100 percent .Boo is just different .He will not only be a Tn fan household name ..barring injury Boo will be known nationally very fast

If by throw back we mean, “bringing the wood”,I will nominate Arion Carter. I am
very excited to see him playing fast and free.

I remember when Dale Carter would line up as a wideout every now and again. It is certainly a nice wrinkle to have available, but I see this Carter more on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: PowerT83
Boo is a hellava player and people are going to find out quickly, I think he will end up being an iconic Vol. Boo is gonna scare the sh!t out of some people.

Boo is a hellava player and people are going to find out quickly, I think he will end up being an iconic Vol. Boo is gonna scare the sh!t out of some people.
All the more reason when he makes a play, all Vol attendees should yell, BOO! Imagine the look of consternation on opposing fans.

Prime wore Hunter out playing him both ways. Boo doesn’t need that, and we’re not desperate like Colorado.

I like the leather helmet brochure thing though. 😂
yeah. people are remembering the early season hype. later in the season it was clear there was a drop off in Hunter's play.

its also justified for Colorado, they have no talent on either side of the ball. He probably could have started at only WR or CB for Colorado because they didn't have anyone better. Here he would be the best CB, but doubtful he is cracking the starting rotation of WR.

VN Store

Back