'21 JUCO RB Tiyon Evans

But we're getting stud LBs also.

ILB, well LB in general, is the biggest position we really lack having any depth on. We picked up some good pieces last year but we still have a ways to go. LB is also the most important position on the defense. We need 7-9 quality linebackers. You really only need about 3 quality running backs.

I also think both Hodge and Whitehead are better suited for Linebacker than RB. ILB specifically.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You're right. I recall do hearing that. If we were to recruit over anyone, I hope it's not him.
I think he’d be willing to take a blue shirt. I’ve talked to him a few times (he goes to school about 15 minutes from my house) and he really just wants to be at Tennessee. From Knoxville, lived there his whole life (except for right now) and grew up a UT fan tmk. They could do with him what they were planning with Williamson last cycle until FSU came calling.

I think he’d be willing to take a blue shirt. I’ve talked to him a few times (he goes to school about 15 minutes from my house) and he really just wants to be at Tennessee. From Knoxville, lived there his whole life (except for right now) and grew up a UT fan tmk. They could do with him what they were planning with Williamson last cycle until FSU came calling.

That would be great

ILB, well LB in general, is the biggest position we really lack having any depth on. We picked up some good pieces last year but we still have a ways to go. LB is also the most important position on the defense. We need 7-9 quality linebackers. You really only need about 3 quality running backs.

I also think both Hodge and Whitehead are better suited for Linebacker than RB. ILB specifically.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion.

ILB is a mindset. You can't force that headhunter mentality. Just because Hodge and Whitehead have the right size/measurables means very little. I bet they both stick at rb personally.

ILB is a mindset. You can't force that headhunter mentality. Just because Hodge and Whitehead have the right size/measurables means very little. I bet they both stick at rb personally.
Both of them have that mindset... you can see it in their film.

Hodge has real potential at RB. He has GREAT vision and a solid quickness and change of direction for a man his size. He does not have homerun speed though.

Not much film on Whitehead. But he looks better at LB on what film is there over RB.

Again just my opinion. If it was up to me, I'd keep Hodge at RB and move Whitehead to ILB.

Reactions: BreatheUT
source.gif

VN Store

Back