Just graduated Army Basic Training

How many of you 1960’s and 70’s guys went to tiger town?

I see you were too scared to go through Air Force basic training, obviously the toughest...... ha

Congrats and good luck to you in your career.
Started to say something, but you're correct. I witnessed basic training for the other 3 branches (not Coast Guard, which I never witnessed). USAF and USNavy were less physically intensive. They were more cerebral and technical.

Reactions: Mustng959
First off, thank you for being willing to serve your country, it truly is the greatest nation! Secondly, all is well in Vol land and the future looks bright.
Thanks for being part of the 1% who defends our nation!!! Take advantage of your youth and the opportunities available to you by being in our military. See it all do it all.

Started to say something, but you're correct. I witnessed basic training for the other 3 branches (not Coast Guard, which I never witnessed). USAF and USNavy were less physically intensive. They were more cerebral and technical.
Though we did do Confidence course and fell out for PT every morning at 5:00am, other than marching, we were in the classroom most of the time. USAF Basic Training

As far as country club atmosphere, food was great, barracks were 2-3 to a room and we worked 8 hour days unless on alert. Lot of it also depended on your career field or MOS as y'all call it. I was Security Police so we trained on light and heavy weapons, used the old pee pot helmets and flak vests and never wore cammies..... Green fatigues with subdued patches and insignia, bloused pants and blue beret. Law Enforcement field wore blues and carried Smith and Wesson .38. Alot different now than it was 45 years ago. Man, I'm getting old!😐

Can’t remember the specific quote but I think it was FDR who said something along the lines of We took 1 million ordinary men and turned them into killing machines in 8 weeks. You sir are now a killing machine 🫡

Thank you for your service sir.

Sometimes no change or update is a good thing...as in this board is STILL FULL of hot blooded passionate Monday morning quarterbacks who love the Power T. Yup... we're still here.

And more argumentative then ever.

Perhaps it's related to the hype in our possibilities on The Hill.

Go Vols!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back