Knoxville Weather Radar

I guess the NWS is thinking the same as me...

Thank God for the plateau. It's always good for breaking up storm systems.

Reactions: 4 people
That type of scattered tstorms is hit or miss. The intern at the weather channel just does an educated guess on where storms pop up. Future radar when predicting scattered tstorms is like predicting the score tonight.

That type of scattered tstorms is hit or miss. The intern at the weather channel just does an educated guess on where storms pop up. Future radar when predicting scattered tstorms is like predicting the score tonight.

I never use TWC for anything. They're all entertainment now. If I want real weather, I use the NWS.

Reactions: 3 people
I hope so too. Last time we had a rain delay we lost our momentum and lost the damn game.

Rain does not necessarily equal a rain delay. Unless there is lightning popping all over the place in close proximity to the stadium, they'll play. This is still football, right?

Reactions: 2 people
image1.jpg

Wish we still had "Doug's Rug." Man, the wetter that thing got, the faster our wide receivers could run. Talk about a sticky surface.

Reactions: 1 person
Large cell located about 80 miles SSW of K-Town right now. Looks as if it will pass through within the next two hours.

Rain does not necessarily equal a rain delay. Unless there is lightning popping all over the place in close proximity to the stadium, they'll play. This is still football, right?

Correct. I don't know why people keep using the term rain delay.

Correct. I don't know why people keep using the term rain delay.

Probably because there were a couple yesterday and it happened to Tennessee against Oregon a few years ago.

Unless it is a severe thunderstorm with a lot of lightning and it is just plain dangerous to be outside, they are going to play. No delay.

God please pass through.

Rain can cause losses. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

A wet bounce or fumble can mean the difference between winning and losing.

Lightning delays just kill an atmosphere too. Not everyone stays after. At the Montana game, some 15K left early.

VN Store

Back